serverid.tdb dirties inode once an hour

Discussion about hard drive spin down (standby) feature of NAS.
dolan.m
Starting out

serverid.tdb dirties inode once an hour

Post by dolan.m »

Recently my qnap 219p started to be woken-up every hour (like every hh:01) by smbd accessing serverid.tdb. Rest of the time (under testing conditions) it sleeps like a baby. Needless to say, no samba client connected. No hourly cron job. No recent firmware upgrade. I got a new router but even with it it worked fine some time. I know it may not be NAS problem, but maybe you direct me some useful way to troubleshoot. It annoys me, I'm not obsessed by standby in 5 minutes, but would like to spindown for hours when not needed. I have it set to spindown in 30 minutes of idle time and this problem makes this setup useless (at hh:01wake-up, hh:31 sleep etc.)
Thanks a lot for any insight.
dolan.m
Starting out

Re: serverid.tdb dirties inode once an hour

Post by dolan.m »

Ok, seems to be solved. The problem might have been the Download Station which for some reason was on. I never use it and intentionally haven't switched it on. Tried couple of hour-turns and seems ok.
dolan.m
Starting out

Re: serverid.tdb dirties inode once an hour

Post by dolan.m »

The problem persists...Exactly as decribed in OP, nothing changed actualy. Even after the recent fw update (which should have fixed some spindown issues).

Return to “HDD Spin Down (HDD Standby)”