QSims is about to be release. Here is the instructions for installation and the current limitationsWIKIhttp://wiki.qnap.com/wiki/Q-Sims_-_The_ ... s_for_QNAPQPKGs
- Install and Enable Mono QPKG v1.2.6
- Install but DO NOT Enable QSims v1.0 - Run the Quick Start Assistant first (see wiki)
Click on Home in the QS-Manager menu and check that all servers (OpenSim and UGAIM
) are running (grid mode
) or the OpenSim server only is up (Standalone mode
* Should one or two servers goes down, click the Enable
button on the QNAP QPKG admin page. This restart only the required servers that have been stopped.
* There is a watchdog to check every 5 minutes that all required servers are up and running.
* To Stop QSIms simply click the Disable
button on the QNAP QPKG admin page.Connect to your new QSims metavers
- Download and install Hippo or realXtend
- Read the instruction regarding the Viewer configuration on the QS-Manager Help pages.
They are lot of features I added into QS-Manager regarding the current state of the art to ease the installation on QNAP servers.
One shall understand that these developments are ALPHA
... and be considered kindly.
- The monetary system is implemented but fail to work so far (not a high priority for OpenSim community anyway)
- Remote console is able to send message but cannot yet can read data from the servers (XMLRPC + Curl).
- Last but not least, I do encourage you to play with QSims but don't put too much efforts now to build and customize avatars because you may lose all your work (I have not yet lost any thing but I'm prepared to). You have been warned so don't blame us later on!
Hope you will enjoy QSims ... and feel free to join this project !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.