i'm in the process of choosing a nas, between the ts-109 and the 209. As the data safety is the topmost of my priorities, here are my questions that i couldn't get answered thus far:
1. If the ts-109 breaks down (i mean the machine, not the hd), is there a chance that the Qraid1 copy in the external hd won't be usable?
2. If the Qraid1 copy in the external hd is surely working even after a ts-109 break down, do i need a new ts-109 to access the data in the Q-raid1 hd copy?
3. What if the ts-209 breaks up? Will the internal disk(s) be accessible anymore?
Thanks in advance,
1. If the mainboard was broken, just replace a new mainboard and insert your old HDD. All settings and data are still the same as before.
2. If you did Q-RAID 1, and then the internal HDD got broken
If the HDD interface of the external one is SATA, then just use the external SATA HDD to replace internal SATA HDD. All settings and data are the same as before.
If the HDD interface of the external one is not SATA, you have to buy another new SATA HDD to replace internal SATA HDD. Then goto Q-RAID 1 function, and click "recover" function. Then all settings and data are the same as before.
3. The same as 1
I am Kent. Nice to meet you!