Received new QNAP TS-212 with same HDDs, blank 8080 screen

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
qmapper
Starting out

Received new QNAP TS-212 with same HDDs, blank 8080 screen

Post by qmapper »

Hi all,

I've been having some trouble lately with my recent QNAP TS-212 NAS. It had something to do with CPU use going to 100% when some network services where enabled. Though some of the problems had been solved due to the great help on this forum (!), I still ended up to RMA the NAS because something else wouldn't work either, etc.

Anyway, I just received the new / replacement NAS (same type and all), but I kept my original HDDs (Raid 1). I put those in, hoping / expecting the NAS would catch up, since it was the same type.

However, when I go to 192.168.1.108:8080 i get a blank page. Qnap finder says this ip is correct and I tried to go to the NAS page via the qnap finder as well. I also tried to ssh into it (winscp, 192.168.1.108 port 22 with admin and admin) but it returned "connection refused".
Still, Qnap finder sees the NAS, it's IP, firmware, mac address, and both drives.

I don't really know how to gain access to it... Should I format the drives nonetheless? But then again, since I got no access to the webgui that's gonna be tough. I could hook them up to my computer but then I should also remove the raid1 settings maybe?

Any help will be really really much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Edit: I also just did a full/hard reset but that didn't help either.

Edit 2: Just so I make myself clear. I don't get a 404, I get a blank webpage. When I enter "192.168.1.108", I get redirected to "192.168.1.106:8080/redirect.html?count=0.0xxx....", and then quickly redirected to "192.168.1.108:8080/cgi-bin/index.cgi?count=0.78xxx..." Any advice? :(
qmapper
Starting out

Re: Received new QNAP TS-212 with same HDDs, blank 8080 scre

Post by qmapper »

Ah well. Tried a boot without any disks and then inserting them while the nas is running. Initializing right now and webgui is accessible again. I do think I've lost the data but I have got it somewhere else so.
Solved, for me at least.

Return to “Miscellaneous”