Ok. Update. I have filed a ticket and tried to call them, but alas it is sunday so no dice. I can't wait to monday to I had to attempt what I could.
After several starts and stops and fails I finally noticed that the raid rebuild kept stopping at 28%. I got a notice of an access error on Disk 4 (remember Disk 3 was the original faulty disk).
I thought that was weird as I had never gotten any errors on it until now. I ran tests on them and got that disk 3 was having read/write fails and Disk 4 was having read failures, but that they were within the acceptable limit.
It appears, however, that the double whammy is just preventing a RAID rebuild.
So as of now the server is in degraded read only mode.
Luckily, after about 4 restarts, I was able to FTP into it and am, at the moment, attempting to backup the 4 TB of data on it. It's slow going but working for the time being. Crossing my fingers.