Stuck on eternal 'System Booting'

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
IceAlchemist
New here

Stuck on eternal 'System Booting'

Post by IceAlchemist »

Hi all,

I have a crisis at the moment. I tried turning on my QNAP TS-859 PRO+ and it is stuck on 'System Booting' with the little >> animation and I have no idea how to fix this. When I turn it on I hear a beep that suggests it passed the POST test and the hard disks lights come on as well. The status led at the front is lit on and is green and sometimes the 'lan' led flickers green as well. At the back the nic card looks like it's on as well as it's lights are on.

Any idea what might be wrong with it and what I should try to solve the issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I don't know if this is the correct forum to post this so apologies if it is not.
fstrange
Been there, done that

Sv: Stuck on eternal 'System Booting'

Post by fstrange »

I have a similar issue, but maybe not exactly the same. My QNAP TS-559 is not able to hot reboot. It never finishes volume mount (shown in LED).

However a cold reboot works as expected. Have you tried cold reboot?

Regards, Fredrik

Sendt fra min HTC Desire med Tapatalk2
Regards, Fredrik Strange
QNAP TVS-473 [4.3.6.0993 build 2019/07/04], 2 x 500 GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 SSD [RAID1], 2 x 8 TB WD Red WD80EFZX [RAID1]
QNAP TS-559 Pro II [4.2.6 Build 20171018], 2 x 2 TB Seagate ST32000641AS [RAID 1], 3 x 2 TB Seagate ST32000641AS [RAID 5]
[Plex, CrashPlan 6.9.4, Resilio]
IceAlchemist
New here

Re: Stuck on eternal 'System Booting'

Post by IceAlchemist »

Thanks for the reply.

What I did is unplug the power cable and unplug and turn off the UPS it is attached to. Waited a few seconds and connected everything again and it booted up fine and has been working fine since!

Is this what you mean with a cold boot?

Return to “Backup & Restore”