DVD ISO Format for ipad and Apple TV?

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
sye2eye
Starting out

DVD ISO Format for ipad and Apple TV?

Post by sye2eye »

Hello,
I'm about to buy a TS-212 with the intention of using it to stream our DVD collection to ipad and Apple TV.
After reading some posts on this forum, I am right that if I wanted to keep the DVD structure (discs of TV programs that need a menu to navigate) I would need to convert them to ISO files?
Thanks
pwilson
Guru

Re: DVD ISO Format for ipad and Apple TV?

Post by pwilson »

sye2eye wrote:Hello,
I'm about to buy a TS-212 with the intention of using it to stream our DVD collection to ipad and Apple TV.
After reading some posts on this forum, I am right that if I wanted to keep the DVD structure (discs of TV programs that need a menu to navigate) I would need to convert them to ISO files?
Thanks
That is one way of doing it. Huge waste of Diskspace if you ask me. I personally rip individual episodes to individual files so that I can use the menuing system of my network media player to browse the "Series", "Season", and then "Episode".

I'm neither an Ipad nor a Apple TV user tho', so perhaps you'll get better advice from another Ipad/Apple TV user.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
schumaku
Guru

Re: DVD ISO Format for ipad and Apple TV?

Post by schumaku »

I can't think these devices can deal with ISO content at all.

Return to “Media Streaming”