[HELP] Can't connect automatically at logon

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
redlester
New here

[HELP] Can't connect automatically at logon

Post by redlester »

Am using a TS-209, and have had it successfully running since May, on a Vista 64 bit PC. The PC is set up with two users - myself and one other. The NAS is set up as drive Z: for both users.

This morning I went into Windows Explorer and disconnected from the NAS drive by using the "disconnect network drive" command in Explorer. (I did this as I was having trouble installing some unrelated software and wanted to see if it would help - it didn't!)

Now, having re-connected the NAS as drive Z again, it automatically reconnects on boot-up for my other user, but if I log in as myself it does not connect, and I have to manually re-connect using "map network drive". This happens every time I log on. If I map the drive to Z: manually, then log off to the other user (the NAS connects automatically for her), then log back on as myself, I again have to manually reconnect.

What is going on?? I have been playing around with the "map network drive" in Qnap Finder, but it seems whatever I do it will not reconnect automatically at logon.
redlester
New here

Re: [HELP] Can't connect automatically at logon

Post by redlester »

UPDATE:

Panic over, have sorted it. will leave this post rather than delete, for others to be aware.

When my PC was delivered Windows was pre-installed with a user name of "admin" which I re-named to myself rather than creating myself as another user. I have gone into QNAP Finder and gone to "map network drive" again and on mapping the drive to Z I selected "log on as another user name" and sure enough it was trying to connect me as "admin". Changed it to my own name and hey presto, it works again.

Moral of the story - make sure Windows has you down as who you think you are! :wink:

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”