Sometimes I have to seed big folders with pictures for my friends.
Because I dont want to use my computer for this i use Qget.
To make this possible with Qget i have found a way to do it.
I use Utorrent to create the torrent.
If you also need to do this, and wounder HOW TO DO.
Please see the Tutorial
Spinndown:(The Qnas will not go in standby mode when you seed)
- You will ned some torrent program for this. I use Utorrent http://utorrent.com/downloads
- Create torrent with Utorrent and let the Utorrent program stay on with sharing.
- Open the torrent you created with in Qget, to download from your local computer to Qget
(The upload goes wery fast in local network 2000kbs-3000kbs )
- When Qget starts downloading from Utorrent, you have too use BT download property and seed for 300-400 hour.
TIPS: If the files are small, and you dont have time enough to press the BT property before its downloadet, you can stop the Utorrent before you use the torrent in Qget. Just use exit in the file menu on top the Utorrent.
When you have started Qget and it looks foor seeds you have god time to press the BT priority button.
After you have eabled share/seed time you can start up Utorrent again.
(When I did this, I had too pause the job in Qget and start it again to find it fast
- This has to be done before the download is finished in Qget.
(Use how many hours you think you need)
- After Qget is finished downloading from Utorrent you can close Utorrent.
- The Seed is now on Qget and you can upload the Torrent to a torrentplace like piratebay or something.
If you don't want to share your files on piratbay, dont upload the torrent. Go to next step( send to your friends)
- Here is one torrent with some pictures of a plase called Stegastein in Norway
This is on my Qnas for 48 Hours for let you testing. download/file.php?id=1255
This torrent have the tracker from piratebay.com, but is not uploaded anyplace. Only here.
- If you only want your friends to have the torrent, then use mail, MSN or somthing to send it to them
Is it any way too add torrent uploads to the downloadstation and seed them easyer then this, place let me now??
Very good tips from jm45 about how to do an easyer torrent.
Torrent tutorial suggestion
Sent: 11 May 2009, 17:13
From your tutorial, here is the way i proceed now:
2. Create torrent with Utorrent (without the "start seeding" set) and close utorrent
3. Open the .torrent you created in Qget or BT gui, ...nothing happens but a new folder in Qdownload with the name of your torrent, and a file named your_torrent.fastresume inside it.
4. Change your_torrent property, set DHT option and sharing time
5. Copy all your stuff ( files shared) in to Qdownload/your_torrent_new_folder
6. pause then restart your_torrent, it will discover shared files in Qdownload/your_torrent_new_folder and and set the counter to 100%
7.The seed is now ready for sharing with the friends to whom you mail the .torrent file
Tanks for the great tips. This works wery good
[How to] How to use Qget to share/seed files of your own torrents.
[How to] How to seed torrents with Qget.