Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
It was never a part of the specs for the smaller nas's.
And certainly not for the *01 series.
- Experience counts
- Posts: 1762
- Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:50 am
- Location: Greve, Denmark
- NAS Model: TS-509 Pro
I just successfully completed a RAID 1 HDD upgrade (500Gb to 1.5Tb) on TS-201 via the following method (only useful if you don't have a spare drive).
Using the OP's naming convention:
1) Remove C1 and C2 from TS-201 and Install N1 and N2 and format for RAID 1 (make sure to label the actual drives as slot 1 and 2 and don't change the order)
2) Take out N2 and connect to PC via SATA and format as NTFS (or anything else that your OS would like)
3) Install C1 and C2 back in TS-201 and copy all data over the network to the PC
4) Remove C1 and C2 and place JUST N1 back in TS-201 (make sure to place it in slot 1)
5) Boot TS-201 and it should go to degrade mode (if the disk shows as Invalid you probably placed it in the wrong slot)
6) Copy all data over the network from the PC to TS-201
7) Delete all partitions from N2 and install back in TS-201
Boot TS-201 and it should rebuild the RAID with all the data intact
Good job! If I may ask, what 1.5TB HDD's did you put into your TS-201? The compatibility list shows only up to 1.0 TB being supported. Any issues so far?
- Starting out
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:38 pm
ssway wrote:Good job! If I may ask, what 1.5TB HDD's did you put into your TS-201? The compatibility list shows only up to 1.0 TB being supported. Any issues so far?
I used WD 1.5Tb Green (WD15EADS). I've been running with no problems so far.
- New here
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:15 am
- NAS Model: TS-109/209
In case it's useful I found another way to do it
Basically, put C2 in a caddy on a third party computer, wipe it, format (e.g. NTFS) and copy via that computer over the network, then back again.
- Starting out
- Posts: 38
- Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:03 pm
Return to System & Disk Volume Management
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: animaleyes76, thierryp77 and 2 guests