Hi there, I have a few questions pertaining to the TS-459 Pro series NAS devices. I appreciate any feedback, in advance!
I am looking at the TS-459 Pro II, and am considering buying it over the TS-459 Pro+ model because of its expandable ram. I am, however, a little perplexed as to how much ram I can throw into this thing, as most of the documentation online suggests it caps out at 3GB (DDR3 I believe, as opposed to DDR2 in previous units).
1) Is it 2GB per ram slot, or simply 1GB / 2GB (total 3GB)?
2) Am I better off buying 2 x 2GB paired sticks with really good CAS timings, or
3) Better off just buying the suggested un-even 3GB capacity (unmatched CAS timings and capacity)
4) Can you install ANY SODIMM ram in these devices (normal notebook ram)? Or does it have to be a rather specific type of ram that limits my purchase options?
5) Are there any other benefits to purchasing the TS-459 Pro II over the TS-459 Pro+ ? Especially now because the TS-459 Pro+ (apparently) accepts up to 2GB? (according to one of the forums I recently came across, which sparked my questions regarding 2GB ram slots in these machines)
All of this, because if the unit is capable of operating (and hopefully registering!) 4GB ram, I would prefer to buy matched, low latency 2GB modules (2 x 2GB) to go in it.
I appreciate any feedback in this regard!
I would like to save the money if the TS-459 Pro+ is just as quick as the TS-459 Pro II (outside of possible 3GB / 4GB ram upgrade).