On boot, solid red HDD light(no inserted HDD) w/ No status light.

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
namnd8191
First post

Re: On boot, solid red HDD light(no inserted HDD) w/ No status light.

Post by namnd8191 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:52 am

ragestriker wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:32 am
stchanq wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:12 pm
Hi everyone, Longtime lurker, created an account just to chime in.

I think the same thing just happened to my 5+ year old TS-451 (purchased 7/2015).

I was literally using it one minute, then it was dead the next.

- No status light
- USB light blue, even though nothing is plugged in
- LAN light still green and flashing
- HDDs were red, but strangely after a lot of plugging/unplugging/power cycling they are now green

No HDMI out, no response to ssh or web, 3/10 sec reset does nothing.

Will crack it open this weekend if I find time, so eager to learn about any workarounds that anyone might have discovered
Interesting / When I sent this forum link to QNAP there response was pretty weak and wanted to charge me $250 to get repairs which didn't include any shipping costs.
I'm still waiting on my order of resistor, once I receive that, I try the pin 1 and 8 trick ill report back if successful or not. Does sounds like that trick is the only one that works at this time.
I got the same issue Ts-431
I tried that trick and It's work. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ragestriker
New here

Post by ragestriker » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:40 pm

Okay, Finally got around to trying this out... and so far its not looking good for me.

my board only had 9 pins, and I remembered early on in the thread it said something about pins 1 & 8 so managed to solder on a 100 oms resistor to ping 1 & 8
QNAP2.png
QNAP1.png
But I am getting different lights from before - now I'm getting full green HDD1 & HDD2 (only when hard drives connected) no lights when no drives connected but fan spins.
No HDMI Signal.
QNAP3.png
Can someone please check out the pictures and make sure its looks right?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SpodBoy
First post

Post by SpodBoy » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:36 am

I've just had this same issue occur. Was thinking of upgrading my unit (TS-451) anyway. Can i just unplug the drives and get a TS-451+ or TS-451D2 and plug the drives in to that with no data loss? Or do i need to go down the resistor route, and buy the new unit and migrate or restore data to that?

Also which is the better option to go for? Thanks :)

jkaipa
New here

Post by jkaipa » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:44 am

Today is Feb 19, 2021. I have the exact same problem with my QNAP TS-451. This problem has started after a few power outages. Still looking for a solution.

dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:54 am

Today is still Feb 19,2021 PST (why did you write that?)

Have your tied mentioned fix and why do you not run a UPS to avoid sudden powerloss ?

p2dewit
First post

Post by p2dewit » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:52 am

I have a TS-853 Pro and mine died Thursday feb 18. Did the 100 ohm resistor trick between pin 1 & 8 and it booted successfully again.
I read a lot of QNAP’s breaking in this timeframe. Called QNAP and they are ‘not aware they said’.

yeemp
First post

Post by yeemp » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:50 am

Just joining this thread as my 453mini suddenly died on Feb 23, 2021. All the context here has been super helpful just to understand what the issue is likely to be. All my symptoms are pointing to the processor clock issue/bug. In a nutshell, after removing all the hard drives and trying to start the empty unit, I could not reach the BIOS screen. Hence, I'm not very optimistic that my open QNAP support ticket is going to reveal anything I don't already know. thanks to all for the support community!

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”