TS-673A - Can't configure to use Ethernet Adapter 2

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
jsprigg
New here

TS-673A - Can't configure to use Ethernet Adapter 2

Post by jsprigg »

Hello All,

I've ported my drives from a failed TS-453 Pro to a brand new TS-673A.
I've updated to the latest and greatest firmware (5.0.0.1808 Build 20211001) and upgraded all of my apps that were on my ported drives.
I received an error stating that the Virtual Switch was reconfigured or something to that tune and thought nothing of it. Figured it was because the original NAS was a 4-port and the new is a 2-port.

My intention is to have both Ethernet Adapters sitting on the same network. I have both Ethernet ports wired to the same network switch. My internet router is running DHCP so the NAS won't be running a DHCP server for those interfaces.

I have a Virtual Switch 1 configured to use Adapter 1 (this was automatic) using DHCP.
When I attempt to setup a new Virtual Switch 2 to use Adapter 2, no matter what I do it won't accept my settings - it kicks me back to the Virtual Switch page and the new switch isn't shown. I've tried DHCP and Static IP addresses to no avail. Tried both Basic and Advanced modes.

I also tried using the Qfinder utility, but only one Ethernet Adapter is showing up when I access the configuration pages. I'm stumped.

Thanks & Cheers,

- Jeff

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”