Web Interface stuck at Loading

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
disenter
Getting the hang of things

Re: Web Interface stuck at Loading

Post by disenter »

It wasn't necessary to wipe my drive schumaku. Basically what it looked like was an icon had replicated itself a heap of times, and i think the desktop gets stuck because it doesn't know what to do with them all, particularly when they're the same. You just need to get in there via terminal and remove the offending icons.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

disenter wrote:It wasn't necessary to wipe my drive schumaku. Basically what it looked like was an icon had replicated itself a heap of times, and i think the desktop gets stuck because it doesn't know what to do with them all, particularly when they're the same. You just need to get in there via terminal and remove the offending icons.
Can't disagree - however @dominpa has clearly stated having installed all new HDDs, and there is no /mnt/HDA_ROOT/.config/.qos_config/users/admin/config at all - so no however created icons at all overflowing the desktop space ... and that issue was fixed according to QNAP in the meantime, so the desktop will load regardless.
ssybesma
Starting out

Post by ssybesma »

Hard as it is to believe, this seems to be 110% caused by a flaky browser that refuses to update itself.

I tested by opening Firefox...it went to the desktop right after login. No delay.

I went back to IE11 and it was still stuck on Loading...

I guess I will be slowly converting over to Firefox since IE11 is dying and being replaced by something even worse.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

ssybesma wrote:Hard as it is to believe, this seems to be 110% caused by a flaky browser that refuses to update itself. ... I went back to IE11 and it was still stuck on Loading...
This is a local problem with your system, with your IE11 installation.
ssybesma wrote:I guess I will be slowly converting over to Firefox since IE11 is dying and being replaced by something even worse.
Not interested in a browser war - Microsoft had to drop the many legacy features some (but less and less) Web applications require. Chrome, Edge, Firefox and IE11 are standards compliant browsers, and QTS does work on all of them.
snoop_mx
New here

Post by snoop_mx »

i have the same problem, how can i the fix the problem? i have QTS 4.3.3.0188
Rogtuf
Starting out

Post by Rogtuf »

I have the same problem on my TS 253 Pro. I am running 4.3.4.0486, the latest firmware. I can log in using SSH Terminal from my Mac, but please could someone give me the command to run in terminal to sort out this pesky problem? I know the server is working, because Plex can play movies from it. I have tried accessing using different browsers, computers and re-installed the current firmware.

Is their any point in backing the firmware to an earlier version please, and if so, which one?
Roger
Hove, UK
Qnap TS253 Pro, V 4.2.5 (20170413), Single port, Disk 2x WDC WD60EZRX-00MVLB1 (SATA) Raid 1, MacBook Pro 2016, OSX High Sierra
FabrizioA
Starting out

Post by FabrizioA »

I have the same problem in my TS 253A :cry:
Please send us fix suggestions! :(
Rogtuf
Starting out

Post by Rogtuf »

Contact Qnap support. They sorted my problem.
Roger
Hove, UK
Qnap TS253 Pro, V 4.2.5 (20170413), Single port, Disk 2x WDC WD60EZRX-00MVLB1 (SATA) Raid 1, MacBook Pro 2016, OSX High Sierra
malick
First post

Post by malick »

I have the exact same problem after an update, web interface is stuck at loading with Firefox.
Then I tried with Internet Explorer and it works ! So no idea what is the problem with firefox but at least I can overcome it via Internet Explorer.
alokeprasad
Easy as a breeze

Post by alokeprasad »

Restart Firefox without any Plugins/extensions.
Try disabling any 3rd party Antivirus that checks web traffic.

BTW, I use Firefox with Adblock, Noscript and other add-ons for my regular browsing. For sites I am absolutely sure of, QNAP NAS would be one of them, I use IE without any add-ons/plugins.
Most webmasters check for functionality with IE (and Chrome these days). But Chrome can also have many plugins/extensions added to it by users.
NAS: TS-453Be
RAM:Crucial 8GB Kit (2 x 4GB) DDR3L-1600 SODIMM CT2KIT51264BF160B
QTS: 5.1.4
HDD's: RAID 6: Four 8TB WD Red (WD80EFAX)
USB HDD: One 12 TB WD Elements (WDBWLG0120HBK-NESN)
Switch: Netgear GS108
non-serviam
Starting out

Post by non-serviam »

I am having the same problem with my 1677x and version 4.4.1.1216.

I have tried all the above and I have also flashed the firmware plenty of times (due to the malware that I got). I can log in after a reboot, but after a few hours when I try to log in I am stuck at loading screen.
The box is literally empty of everything, as I got the malware as soon as I turned the machine on. I have only two empty SSDs that I reformat every time I reset the NAS.
The NAS seems to working properly in all other aspects.
Any suggestions?

(Unfortunately, as the machine does not seem to be getting sold, I will have to make it work).
vikino
Know my way around

Post by vikino »

Hi, here the same with TS-1685, on 4.3.4 it was time to time...now with QTS 5 it is within hours... sometimes helps to restart Qthttpd and thttpd service but thats it...all VMs are running fine, other services too, but webgui it stucked at loading after entering credentials...
Oneline
First post

Post by Oneline »

Hi, I have the same problem on TS-639 Pro (QTS 4.2.6). I can log in after a reboot, but after half an hour or so NAS makes one beep, and I can no longer get pass the login screen. Page becomes half empty, no photo wall, missing text labels. Restarting Qthttpd or thttpd doesn't help.

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”