E-mail Notification Setup

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
Rebooter
New here

E-mail Notification Setup

Post by Rebooter »

I'm trying to set my Office 365 e-mail on my TS-231P QNAP (firmware version: 5.0.0.1853) in order to receive notifications. However, it's always failing to send e-mails.

Could somebody guide me on the proper configuration for this ?
snorkel
Starting out

Re: E-mail Notification Setup

Post by snorkel »

I had a hard time getting mine set up, but I am NOT using Outlook 365. I am trying to translate (for you) what I got to work after trying many things and then pressing confirm to test. Don't assume it's working unless you press "confirm" and get a good response.

Select an email account setup: CUSTOM
SMTP server: smtp.office365.com
Secure Connection: TLS
Port: 587
email: your full email address
user name: full email address
password: Try your regular email password, but....... You probably need to create an app password because QNAP doesn't support OAuth as let's say Outlook from Microsoft (Office) 365 DOES

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/acc ... f2979a7944
Rebooter
New here

Re: E-mail Notification Setup

Post by Rebooter »

snorkel wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:07 am I had a hard time getting mine set up, but I am NOT using Outlook 365. I am trying to translate (for you) what I got to work after trying many things and then pressing confirm to test. Don't assume it's working unless you press "confirm" and get a good response.

Select an email account setup: CUSTOM
SMTP server: smtp.office365.com
Secure Connection: TLS
Port: 587
email: your full email address
user name: full email address
password: Try your regular email password, but....... You probably need to create an app password because QNAP doesn't support OAuth as let's say Outlook from Microsoft (Office) 365 DOES

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/acc ... f2979a7944
This seems interesting .. Yes, my business e-mail has multi-factor authentication set.

I'll try what you suggested and get back with the result.

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”