TS259 Pro won't boot after power outage

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
sleepymatto
First post

TS259 Pro won't boot after power outage

Post by sleepymatto »

Hey everyone,

We had a power outage and afterwards my QNAP will not boot. These are the status lights shown in the picture below (HDD1 - Red, HDD2 - Red, Ethernet - Orange, Status - Red). The disks are in a RAID 0 configuration.

Doing a hard power cycle the system will not boot, no beeps, not accessible via web, does not pull a DHCP address, not found using Qfinder, and same status lights as shown above.

I powered off the QNAP and removed the disks and the system boots fine, green status light, and I am able to access it via http://ip:8080 so hardware seems to be ok.

When I reinstall the disks, same issue as before.

Are there any troubleshooting steps I can try to fix this? It seems weird that both disks died at the exact same time. They had no issues previously and no alerts were generated regarding the disks prior to the outage.

Thanks .. appreciate any help :)
OneCD
Guru

Re: TS259 Pro won't boot after power outage

Post by OneCD »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

It might be worth cleaning all that dust out of the drive bays. Couldn't hurt. ;)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dolbyman
Guru

Re: TS259 Pro won't boot after power outage

Post by dolbyman »

worst case, clear the drives and start from scratch (with RAID0 you should have backups for sure)

get a UPS to avoid something like that next time.

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”