Adapter 1 disconnected

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
MrJohn
New here

Adapter 1 disconnected

Post by MrJohn »

I could not find this in my searches, nor could I find a network category to put this question into. Hopefully "Getting Started" is good enough :)

I have been using the 453be for years without issue. Mostly using this as storage and Plex media server.

Tonight something strange happened (System light was solid Red) and I had to reboot the NAS because no computer could connect to it.

After rebooting, I noticed in [Network & Virtual Switch] that Adapter 1 status = disconnected & Adapter 2 status = connected.

I noticed this because for years I have always connected to my static IP address in Adapter 1 (.15), and today I had to connect to Adapter 2 (.16). Very strange.

Shouldn't both of these be running to distribute the network load?

Is there a way to re-"Connect" Adapter 1 so both Adapters 1 & 2 are running?

Thanks again for the newbie question

l;
disconnected.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MrJohn
New here

Re: Adapter 1 disconnected

Post by MrJohn »

Just to finish out this thread for any others that have the same problem, QNAP has deduced the port is bad. The network ports are on the motherboard (not separate), so the fix is to send the unit back for a new motherboard ($300).
To be honest, after getting a defective port after only 2.5 years with this is making me rethink QNAP reliability.

My thought is to get a $100 Network expansion card that has faster network speed instead of the new motherboard.

For the TS-453Be, the compatible adapters are here: https://www.qnap.com/en-us/compatibilit ... ategory=11

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”