TS-431X3 nightmare set up

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
Kumichi
New here

TS-431X3 nightmare set up

Post by Kumichi »

I received a new TS-431X3 this Friday, yesterday Saturday I installed four 12TB Seagate Ironwolf ST12000VN0007 on it, the NAS is connected to my Qhora-301W router and the router to my computer via ethernet. The NAS powers on successfully and the corresponding LEDs light up.

I used Qfinder to initialize the NAS but I cannot access the system because the NAS does not recognize my hard drives. Which appear on the QNAP compatibility list and are new. Add to this a weird thing, the NAS shows up in Qfinder as TS-XXX and the MAC addresses on the box do not match the MAC addresses in Qfinder.

I have tried to do the "Smart Installation" without disks, with 1 disk and changing the disks from place to place. It doesn't work, I always get the message “Hard dirve missing: Install and format at least one hard drive before using the NAS….”. I can't access the NAS system as it won't get past the initialization wizard.

I have tried to update the firmware (4.5.3.1652) via Smart Installation, from Qfinder and from the PuTTY Shell via SSH. The update always fails and returns the error FW999.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: TS-431X3 nightmare set up

Post by dolbyman »

Could be a DOA NAS..Talk to your point of sale to get the NAS swapped.
Kumichi
New here

Post by Kumichi »

What do you mean with DOA? Sorry Im not a native speaker in english
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Dead On Arrival

purchased defective

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”