New TVS-h1288x Setup Fails

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
bball
New here

New TVS-h1288x Setup Fails

Post by bball »

Just purchased and setup brand new unit, h1288x. QFinder Pro discovers the unit and prepares to start the smart install. I get through the first couple prompts. I provide a unit name, admin username and password, hit 'Submit', and nothing. The next page does not load, no error is given, and the page is not frozen. I can go to the previous page fine, but the system will not proceed to the date and time settings prompt.

TVS-h1288x
Firmware 5.0.1.2277
10 x 10TB Seagate IronWolf
4 x 1 TB Samsung 870 EVO
QNAP TB3 expansion card
128 GB RAM
dolbyman
Guru

Re: New TVS-h1288x Setup Fails

Post by dolbyman »

eject the spinning disks and only start with the 4 SSD's .. see if that makes a difference (put the system on the SSD's in RAID5 (RAIDz)
bball
New here

Post by bball »

Ejected the spinning disks, leaving only the 4 SSDs. Experienced the exact same result. This is pretty crappy. Everything is brand new, and I haven't done a thing to any of the disks. I chose QNAP for the perceived stability of their products, and now this. I'm seriously on the brink of making a call to Synology. If anyone has any further ideas, I'm listening.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

when I installed my 1288X it was rock solid (I did it several times to test) .. so whatever you are experiencing is not normal for this device.

Are you installing QTS or QuTS ?

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”