On boot, solid red HDD light(no inserted HDD) w/ No status light.

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
OneCD
Guru

Re: On boot, solid red HDD light(no inserted HDD) w/ No status light.

Post by OneCD »

BennyS wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:56 pm Il mio QNAP TS-451-4G ad un tratto ha il LED STATUS spento, LED LAN Arancione (cavo lan collegato), LED USB Blu (non c'è nulla collegato sulle USB), LED HDD1 verde (hdd presente), LED HDD2 rosso (hdd presente), LED HDD3 rosso (hdd NON presente), LED HDD4 spento (hdd NON presente), ma NON FUNZIONA NULLA.
Hello, this is an English-language-only forum. Please post only in English. Thank you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
adetogni
Getting the hang of things

Post by adetogni »

Hi I tried this fix. It does work, but only some weird conditions. If I solder or connect the resistor to the pins, it does not work. Instead if I use a longer cable, no luck

Anyone has an idea? The circuit is working since the exactly same connector is used, just a little longer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Unless it is super sensitive to that extra bit of cable resistance, best to double-check the connection if the non working version, it should really make a difference
adetogni
Getting the hang of things

Post by adetogni »

dolbyman wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 6:30 am Unless it is super sensitive to that extra bit of cable resistance, best to double-check the connection if the non working version, it should really make a difference
I am VERY puzzled. If I put the resistor in the "non working" mode and I use a tester from the resistor to the lower part of the motherboard, it does test successfully continuity. The connection is there. Same on the other side. But still it does not work. If I use the cable, it does. And it does work also if I use a shorter cable (half the length you see there in the picture). That cable should add a super tiny extra resistance...do you think I should try with a 120ohm or more?
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

I would give it a shot..other people have reported using other resitance values before

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”