[HOW-TO] A how to guide for ARM & Intel NAS servers

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
BIGGS000
New here

Re: [HOW-TO] A how to guide for ARM & Intel NAS servers

Post by BIGGS000 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:44 am

As you'll see, this is my second post. I currently have 8 browser tabs open to different threads in this forum. I've been really excited to learn more about QNAP, QTS, and Linux as my schedule allows (almost makes me wish I had chosen a career in IT). Quality user guides, outside of the extensive QTS one, are harder to come by than even just a few years ago. I really look forward to diving into this one even though it sounds as though this guide, atleast portions of it, may be outdated. Regardless, even though I didn't even have the idea to buy a NAS in 2008/2009, I appreciate all the effort you, fribse, silas, Christian, Eraser-EMC2-, algerian_goat, Thorejoha, and sjarkie put into making the guide. I remember when I had time to be that dedicated to user forums. Hopefully I will again some day. Thank you!

mathieucarbou
Starting out

Post by mathieucarbou » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:34 am

Hi,

Is this guide still up to date ?

I'd like to get fatrace (https://www.piware.de/2012/02/fatrace-r ... ss-events/) working on my TS-251+ NAS but I am really struggling finding an updated documentation on how to get a working development environnement.

Thanks!
Mathieu
(QNAP TS-251+)

Don
Guru

Post by Don » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:16 am

No, this is no longer updated. It was written a long time ago when QNAP was starting out before QNAP provided their own documentation. If you are having issues I suggest you start a new topic in the appropriate forum and let the community assist.
Read the Online Manuals and use the forum search feature before posting.

It is a recommended to use RAID and have external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

Submit bugs and feature requests to QNAP via their Helpdesk app.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 4.3.6.0895 | 40GB | 2 x M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 4 x M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (Cache) | 5 x 4TB HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-663 | F/W: 4.3.6.0993 | 16GB | 2 x M.2 NMVe QM2-2P RAID 1 (Cache) | 4 x 4TB RAID 5
Apps: Boinc, Squid, DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS, Entware, DLstation, +others

dhallag
Starting out

Post by dhallag » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:08 am

how do I find the updated http://qnas.pl/tools/arm/qnap_arm_nativ ... 6-8.tar.gz version? I tried wget but it said file not found. thanks. also, I have been told that the gcc compiler works as well. in effort for that to work, do I have to start the compiler like the direction say about the above one? if so, can someone tell me how to do that?
QNAP 219P+
Ubiquiti UniFi Router w/AP Pro Access Points

Disco_dean
First post

Post by Disco_dean » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:33 am

Hi
I am a nas noob and tried to download the guide, but got a message advising it is not available anymore
Is there somewhere I can download it from now?
Thanks
DD

Don
Guru

Post by Don » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:45 am

As already stated a few responses back this guide is no longer available. I suggest you read the manual for your version of firmware. If you are having issues search the forum and read the manual for answers or use google. Still having issues the create a new post.

I am locking this topic as it is no longer relevant.
Read the Online Manuals and use the forum search feature before posting.

It is a recommended to use RAID and have external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

Submit bugs and feature requests to QNAP via their Helpdesk app.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 4.3.6.0895 | 40GB | 2 x M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 4 x M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (Cache) | 5 x 4TB HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-663 | F/W: 4.3.6.0993 | 16GB | 2 x M.2 NMVe QM2-2P RAID 1 (Cache) | 4 x 4TB RAID 5
Apps: Boinc, Squid, DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS, Entware, DLstation, +others

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”