[HOW-TO] A how to guide for ARM & Intel NAS servers

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
Don
Guru

Re: [HOW-TO] A how to guide for ARM & Intel NAS servers

Post by Don »

No, this is no longer updated. It was written a long time ago when QNAP was starting out before QNAP provided their own documentation. If you are having issues I suggest you start a new topic in the appropriate forum and let the community assist.
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +
dhallag
Starting out

Post by dhallag »

how do I find the updated http://qnas.pl/tools/arm/qnap_arm_nativ ... 6-8.tar.gz version? I tried wget but it said file not found. thanks. also, I have been told that the gcc compiler works as well. in effort for that to work, do I have to start the compiler like the direction say about the above one? if so, can someone tell me how to do that?
QNAP 219P+
Ubiquiti UniFi Router w/AP Pro Access Points
Disco_dean
First post

Post by Disco_dean »

Hi
I am a nas noob and tried to download the guide, but got a message advising it is not available anymore
Is there somewhere I can download it from now?
Thanks
DD
Don
Guru

Post by Don »

As already stated a few responses back this guide is no longer available. I suggest you read the manual for your version of firmware. If you are having issues search the forum and read the manual for answers or use google. Still having issues the create a new post.

I am locking this topic as it is no longer relevant.
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”