TS-451 Cant be found on network

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
Mcreidy
New here

TS-451 Cant be found on network

Post by Mcreidy »

TS-451 QNAP has been intermittent with dropping off the network and not being visible in File Exlorer (Network) or QFinder. I have usually been able to get around this by restarting the device but now I am unable to see it on the network at all. My router sees it on IP 192.168.20.3 (used to be 192.168.20.4) and on occasion I can ping the device with a response.

Pinging 192.168.20.3 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.20.3: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64

More often that not it is just not detected at all - all lights indicate connectivity for LAN is fine.

I have tried Fixed mapping to both of these IP addresses on my router to no avail. Have tried rebooting anything and everything. On the occasions where QFinder does detect it, I am unable to execute any commands as it states the device is unreachable (or requests a login when I try to upgrade firmware and will not accept the admin/admin credentials which have not changed). I am also not able to access the web interface at the IP Address. I have tried Ethernet cable in both LAN ports.

I would be grateful for any suggestions as I have important data on the device that I am currently unable to access at all.

Thanks in advance
monellrt
Know my way around

Re: TS-451 Cant be found on network

Post by monellrt »

What is the firmware version and have you recently upgraded or changed something? On your network settings, what are your port trunking settings? Have you tried accessing it by removing the LAN cables from the NAS and directly connecting the NAS to a standalone computer?
Mcreidy
New here

Post by Mcreidy »

monellrt wrote:What is the firmware version and have you recently upgraded or changed something? On your network settings, what are your port trunking settings? Have you tried accessing it by removing the LAN cables from the NAS and directly connecting the NAS to a standalone computer?
Has the latest firmware on it (as directed by QNAP support - 4.2.0 (20160311)

I have attempted to remove drives and reboot - it is seen in QFinder but wants to initialize which I said no to.

Direct connection to Notebook has same results - can sometimes see it in QFinder and sometimes not - the fact that it is so intermittent screams hardware issue to me but I have to go through all the thorough troubleshooting with support before they can make this call.
monellrt
Know my way around

Post by monellrt »

Let me know how you make out with them I would be interested in knowing what they say.
kimasuncion
First post

Post by kimasuncion »

i have the same problem. I have ts 131. if i reformat the hard drive and re downloaded the firmware it would go fine in few days but after a while it will drop from the network and i will not be able to see it in the network and the qfinder
falkonn00
New here

Post by falkonn00 »

I'm having the exact same issue on my TS-451+, with the most current firmware. Over the last month or so, after a reset it would re-appear on the LAN, but as of today it will not show up on the LAN even after several reboots. Unfortunately I cannot directly connect to see if it is properly booting, but I do hear the correct beeps. I cannot reformat the drives, they have data I want.

Any suggestions?
CylonCenturion

Post by CylonCenturion »

falkonn00 wrote:I'm having the exact same issue on my TS-451+, with the most current firmware. Over the last month or so, after a reset it would re-appear on the LAN, but as of today it will not show up on the LAN even after several reboots. Unfortunately I cannot directly connect to see if it is properly booting, but I do hear the correct beeps. I cannot reformat the drives, they have data I want.

Any suggestions?
Either replace the cable by a brand new one, or reboot the modem/router, assuming all devices getting am IP by dhcp.
I cannot reformat the drives, they have data I want.
What?? No backups??
Beemer2
Easy as a breeze

Post by Beemer2 »

I had to enter the NAS IP address in the white list of my software firewall.

Ian
TS-473A, 32GB, 4x4TB, Raid5, 12GB Red Plus backup
Kuroblack
Starting out

Post by Kuroblack »

Hi, not sure if it's relevant, but I had a similar problem with my TS-212. (Thread in this forum) To cut a long story short I re-applied the patch after the Admin reset and it's be fine for a few days, all functionality restored. Might be worth a shot?
Amarte
First post

Post by Amarte »

I have the same problem with 451a
Birtybasset
Starting out

Post by Birtybasset »

Same problem with my TS-131. Fine for a couple of days then just drops off the network. I have to reconnected the Ethernet cable to get it back online.
kewgy
New here

Post by kewgy »

i have the same symptoms, contacting help desk now , i will post my finding soon. why are there many post in here with little to no answers?
perove
New here

Post by perove »

I have TS-453A. Got this from support:
1. Power off your NAS.
2. Remove all the HDDs from the device, press the power button. (Power on NAS without any HDDs)
3. Using a direct cable connection from the device to PC directly, the PC need to change LAN card IP address to 169.254.100.101(submask set 255.255.0.0).
4. Run QNAP Finder(Qfinder Pro utility). Finder should find the device.
5. Hot-plug the working HDDs, then click the details button on QNAP Finder. All the HDDs should be on the list.

I've don all this. All OK as far as I can see - all HDDs on the list. My files are OK. But when I connect the 453 to the network again I can not see it on the network via qfinder.
storageman
Ask me anything

Post by storageman »

perove wrote:I have TS-453A. Got this from support:
1. Power off your NAS.
2. Remove all the HDDs from the device, press the power button. (Power on NAS without any HDDs)
3. Using a direct cable connection from the device to PC directly, the PC need to change LAN card IP address to 169.254.100.101(submask set 255.255.0.0).
4. Run QNAP Finder(Qfinder Pro utility). Finder should find the device.
5. Hot-plug the working HDDs, then click the details button on QNAP Finder. All the HDDs should be on the list.

I've don all this. All OK as far as I can see - all HDDs on the list. My files are OK. But when I connect the 453 to the network again I can not see it on the network via qfinder.
Try to start new threads than run on previous, your issue could be unrelated.
Are you on a DHCP network?
Can you see any IP address in the router that could be the NAS?
When connected direct you could have set a static address in the range of your network addresses.
May sure you have the latest Qfinder and do not have any firewall/antivirus blocking access on the PC.
perove
New here

Post by perove »

..New user, sorry for using this thread.

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”