[SOLVED] Storage Manager won't start after reboot

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
crazyPhil
Starting out

[SOLVED] Storage Manager won't start after reboot

Post by crazyPhil »

Hi folks,

I seem to have a pretty serious problem with my QNAP-TS431+. It has 4 HDDs, all are encrypted, without any RAID config.

I logged in to the admin GUI after not having used it for a long time and started the AppCenter. The AppCenter never started (an icon kept revolving in the taskbar on top and never stopped). After logging out and in again, I noticed that most of the icons (Control Panel etc.) would not display their proper titles anymore but key strings such as "CONTROL_PANEL_STR_2".

I shut down the NAS and started it up again. After the boot procdure, I can login to the admin GUI, but there's still the same problem and the Storage Manager does not work (i.e. its window opens, but it doesn't display anything but the menu bar and cannot be operated). Therefore I cannot unlock my encrypted drives, i.e. enter the password for them and make them accessible. The control panel seems to work, but labels for input elements, titles and other texts are mostly not displayed. It looks like the QTS itself is damaged in some way.

Does anyone know this problem and/or how to fix it? Is there a way to unlock encrypted drive from the command line (SSH login is possible).

Thanks in advance
Philipp
Last edited by crazyPhil on Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
crazyPhil
Starting out

Re: Storage Manager won't start after reboot

Post by crazyPhil »

Turned out this was purely a browser problem. Sorry to bother you all :-)
Jansport
Starting out

Re: [SOLVED] Storage Manager won't start after reboot

Post by Jansport »

It would have been nice if you stated what the browser issue was an what steps you took to fix it just in case someone else came by with the same issue.
guidozelf
Starting out

Post by guidozelf »

I, for one, would be very interested, as I experience the same on Chomre...
crazyPhil
Starting out

Post by crazyPhil »

If I remember correctly, I just cleared my cache and cookies, and everything was fine.

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”