Trying to set up VPN PPTP client connection

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
hekkiekwek
New here

Trying to set up VPN PPTP client connection

Post by hekkiekwek »

I've got an QNAP TS-453A, 4.2.4 firmware. I've got linux station activated. That's working fine.
Now I like to connect my NAS to my works office VPN-server over PPTP.

Now I went to QTS, logged in as Admin, went to Configuration, I went to VPN client, added my VPN connection. And it connects. So far so good.

But when I go to my linux station, ubuntu 16.04 LTS i see that this does NOT connect to my VPN. I wonder why, it could be that I have to make some kind of virtual switch. So I tried to make it work but still no success.
I only use 1 lan port, in an attempt to simplify the setup.

I searched all over, trying to find info about this but haven't found it yet. Can anybody help me out here? Or maybe point me in the direction of some info on this.

Much appreciated!
QNAPDanielFL
Easy as a breeze

Re: Trying to set up VPN PPTP client connection

Post by QNAPDanielFL »

when you had the VPN client running in your QTS, did you go into Linux station and go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ to see if your IP address was the same as the VPN IP address? How did you verify that the VPN Client was not working in Linux when it was working in QTS?
hekkiekwek
New here

Post by hekkiekwek »

I went to http://whatismyipaddress.com/, and it shows my providers ip-address. (checked my remote vpn-server and it shows a connection is active), but somehow it's not in that network when I'm in linux station.
QNAPDanielFL
Easy as a breeze

Post by QNAPDanielFL »

I am not able to use VPN in Linux either. If I find a way to make it work I will let you know.
hekkiekwek
New here

Post by hekkiekwek »

Thanks, If I somehow succeed I will post it too.

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”