No Access to NAS

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
kla960
New here

No Access to NAS

Post by kla960 »

Is it possible to set the virtual switch to some kind of default without network access? NAS TS 251+

Possible that I have disabled DHCP Client and no static IP is setup. Now the NAS is no more available :(

Thanks
Klaus
schumaku
Guru

Re: No Access to NAS

Post by schumaku »

Hi Klaus,

Give Qfinder Pro a chance, discover the NAS, and unless I'm wrong there should be a chance to set an IP address again (as some basics can be configured over the broadcast communication).

Somewhat confused on how it's possible how to disable the DHCP client and not configuring a static IP ... unless one does select the "Do not assign IP addresses (for special purposes such as building an external network or isolated network)" option.

-Kurt
gggplaya
Been there, done that

Post by gggplaya »

The 4.3 update made some changes to the virtual switch, it freaked me out when I upgraded from 4.2.5. I wasn't able to connect and my router was having trouble giving it the IP address I assigned. Unplugging the ethernet from the upper port, down the lower port on the NAS solved the issue for me.

Before 4.3, I did dozens of updates and never had an issue. NAS was always as steady and stable as a rock, no hiccups. Other than that virtual switch quirk, 4.3 has able been perfectly stable.
kla960
New here

Post by kla960 »

Qfinder Pro didn't find the NAS. Also the default IP 169.254.100.100 wasn't available. I fix it the following way:

shutdown NAS pressing power 1,5 s
removing all disks
power on NAS
search NAS using qfinder pro
hotplug disks
access webpage
Attention!! select restore default settings
wait until NAS is rebooted with default settings
login webconfig user admin pw admin
restore using config backup

and smile again.
NoXHARTX
New here

Post by NoXHARTX »

I have the same problem after installing QFINDER Pro V 6.1.1.0428. WIN10 (latestst version) has access to NAS but QFINDER does'nt find it. The three recomendations during QF startup did'nt work. Even if Firewall is opened.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

NoXHARTX wrote:I have the same problem after installing QFINDER Pro V 6.1.1.0428. WIN10 (latestst version) has access to NAS but QFINDER does'nt find it.
Not the same. The OP NAS was not reachable at all.

The bcclient process on the NAS is up?

[~] # ps -ef | grep bc
7091 admin 1916 S /sbin/bcclient

No network device in the data path from the Win 10 system to the NAS blocking or filtering/limiting broadcast?
NoXHARTX
New here

Post by NoXHARTX »

If I cannot access the NAS how can I control if the bcclient is up? How can I change it? Don't know what this is. In my network router the NAS is shown as "Windows Media Player Sharing / HARTXNAS" (HARTXNAS is the NAS-name.)
Problem rests after re-installing the latest Qfinder Version (QFINDER Pro V 6.1.1.0428.) today.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

NoXHARTX wrote:If I cannot access the NAS how can I control if the bcclient is up? How can I change it? Don't know what this is. In my network router the NAS is shown as "Windows Media Player Sharing / HARTXNAS" (HARTXNAS is the NAS-name.)
This is yet another service. When you right click on it, there should be a "Show Device Web Page" or the like. Use this, and you get the current NAS LAN IP address in the browser URL.

Connect to this LAN IP address using PuTTY or similar on Windows resp. the mac OS Terminal by $ ssh admin@192.168.12.34 ... using the effective IP address of course.

[~] # ps -ef | grep bcc
8315 admin 1668 S /sbin/bcclient
12124 admin 576 S grep bcc
[~] #

This is the process Qfinder does allow to discover the NAS on the LAN, permits configuring some NAS basic stuff, and push firmware to the NAS from Qfinder, too.

The same IP address discovered by the above process can be used in a Web Browser to access the QTS desktop again. In case you have the NAS LAN manually configured, please review the NAS LAN IP address configuration, especially ensure it's the same subnet issued by the router DHCP server to your computers on the LAN.

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”