Getting Started

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
Kimmers
First post

Getting Started

Post by Kimmers »

So I recently brought a QNAP 4 bay Unit and we have 3 hard drives in it.
Yesterday my Dad installed all three drives, I then plugged in and followed directions.
At 7:00pm last night It started to install Firmware
5:00am today it was still at 0 So I restarted the device and restarted my internet.
Later on today around 2.30 it was still at 0% I switched Browsers and for the last 30 minutes its still at 0

Any help?
Some Start Guides say turn on unit then install Drive. Then other start guides so install first.
Trexx
Ask me anything

Re: Getting Started

Post by Trexx »

What kind of HDD's did you buy for it? Are they on QNAP's compatibility list? What Model QNAP? What QTS Firmware version?
Paul

Model: TS-877-1600 FW: 4.5.3.x
QTS (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x 1TB WD Blue m.2's
Data (HDD): [RAID-5] 6 x 3TB HGST DeskStar
VMs (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x1TB SK Hynix Gold
Ext. (HDD): TR-004 [Raid-5] 4 x 4TB HGST Ultastor
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4-2666
UPS: CP AVR1350

Model:TVS-673 32GB & TS-228a Offline[/color]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Plex NAS Compatibility Guide | QNAP Plex FAQ | Moogle's QNAP Faq
gggplaya
Been there, done that

Re: Getting Started

Post by gggplaya »

Is it showing up on qfinder?? It might have changed IP addresses on you. Also, if your NAS has 2 ethernet ports, try plugging the lan cable into the other port and see if it shows up on the network.

Also, one of you hard drives might be bad or not compatible. Try just using 1 hard drive for the initial installation and make it a single static volume, and then use the migration software to add more hard drives into raid 5.

Once you get it set up, I like to set it as a static IP address, either have your router reserve the MAC address, or set it static in the NAS.

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”