Help, can't connect to NAS any more

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
ovbg
Know my way around

Help, can't connect to NAS any more

Post by ovbg »

Hi there,

I have a TS-453 Pro which was working perfectly well. I moved it's physical location and connected it to a new MacBook and it connected fine. It asked for a firmware update which I obliged and it continued to work fine.

I then began backing up to it and it was working fine for several hours when I found it had suddenly disconnected.

I can no longer connect to it anymore, the problems also seem to be sporadic.
Sometimes it can't be found at all by Qfinder pro. Sometimes it can. On the odd occasions it can, I tried connecting via the configuration option in Qfinder Pro and it would connect without issue, but if I tried to connect via the web browser interface, it would instantly open the login page, and I could type in my login, but it just keeps the spinning icon spinning, it won't log in (password is correct as if I type in an incorrect password, it will notify me immediately).

Once it did log in, but it only partially opened the desktop/workbench or whatever the home screen is called.

At the moment, I can't connect at all.

Any ideas?

Edit: Oh, both lights on the QNAP's Ethernet port are green and flashing. I have tried restarting both NAS and MacBook and when it is in it's current state (i.e. can't connect) I don't see it in Finder. When it does appear in Qfinder Pro, but can't connect, I can see it in Finder, but can't connect that way either.
ovbg
Know my way around

Re: Help, can't connect to NAS any more

Post by ovbg »

In addition to above, could this be from the updated firmware? Has anyone else just updated their firmware and found network access has stopped or diminished?
oyvindo
Experience counts

Post by oyvindo »

It sounds to me as if you have an IP address conflict on your LAN somewhere.
Is your NAS given it's IP from a DHCP server (like a router or GW) ? Or have you set to use a static IP?
Try using a tool like Fing (for Android or iPhone) and have it check your network IP map.
ImageImageImage
ovbg
Know my way around

Post by ovbg »

Thanks for the reply. You may have managed to solve the problem. I can connect now and will see how this goes.

Thanks very much :)
ovbg
Know my way around

Post by ovbg »

Actually, it is better, but still with a problem. I logged in, but after a short amount of time, things went wrong again.
On Qfinder Configuration, Ethernet 1 (which is connected) has DHCP and IP is 192.168.1.109 and subnet 255.255.255.0

However, it is labelled as 192.168.1.102 in Qfinder and when I go to Details. I can send a screenshot if there is a way.

I can no longer log in again via the web interface, but I can log in via Qfinder Configuration.
Trexx
Ask me anything

Post by Trexx »

ovbg wrote:Actually, it is better, but still with a problem. I logged in, but after a short amount of time, things went wrong again.
On Qfinder Configuration, Ethernet 1 (which is connected) has DHCP and IP is 192.168.1.109 and subnet 255.255.255.0

However, it is labelled as 192.168.1.102 in Qfinder and when I go to Details. I can send a screenshot if there is a way.

I can no longer log in again via the web interface, but I can log in via Qfinder Configuration.
Do you have more than 1 NW cable connected?
Paul

Model: TS-877-1600 FW: 4.5.3.x
QTS (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x 1TB WD Blue m.2's
Data (HDD): [RAID-5] 6 x 3TB HGST DeskStar
VMs (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x1TB SK Hynix Gold
Ext. (HDD): TR-004 [Raid-5] 4 x 4TB HGST Ultastor
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4-2666
UPS: CP AVR1350

Model:TVS-673 32GB & TS-228a Offline[/color]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Plex NAS Compatibility Guide | QNAP Plex FAQ | Moogle's QNAP Faq
ovbg
Know my way around

Post by ovbg »

Hi Paul, thanks for your reply. No, only one cable is connected (to Ethernet port one)

Although, in it's old location it did have two Ethernet cables connected. I am wondering if something is hanging back from this old connection, but I can't figure out what it could be.

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”