TS-231 Disappears from Network

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
axgillette
Getting the hang of things

TS-231 Disappears from Network

Post by axgillette »

So, my original TS-231 was defective and i sent it back to qnap. They sent me a replacement which the itunes server works great, not like my other one where it would not work period.

So i did the setup with no issues, everything went so much smoother than with my other one. I set my static IP's i have reserved for my nas with no issues. It works perfectly but only for 3 days then it's gone. qfinder cannot find it, going to it directly via the IP won't do it either. The only way to get it to come back is to hard power it off wait a few seconds, then power it back on. Then it will work for a few days then we're back to the same thing over and over again.

Does anyone have a solution to this or any insight they can share. I'm getting very frustrated as my other unit did the same thing as well.

I need some help here. I'm getting very ticked off. Ready to just go to synology if need be. :evil: :evil: :evil:
El Gordo Tejano

Model: TVS-673e FW: 4.3.6.x
Media Boxes: Nvidia ShieldTV Pro, AppleTV 4, Fire Stick 4k, Fire Cube
storageman
Ask me anything

Re: TS-231 Disappears from Network

Post by storageman »

Are you connecting both ports? Did you try the other port?
When it goes off, unplug the network cable from the router/switch and connect to laptop/pc and test 169.254.100.100 address too.
Long test but does it lose IP without disks.
axgillette

Post by axgillette »

storageman wrote:Are you connecting both ports? Did you try the other port?
When it goes off, unplug the network cable from the router/switch and connect to laptop/pc and test 169.254.100.100 address too.
Long test but does it lose IP without disks.

I do notice that the DISK lights are just flashing constantly at the same time. I will try the test you suggest.
El Gordo Tejano

axgillette

Post by axgillette »

Tests did not work. Nothing. In the middle of a hard reboot, and now it shows up and it there. However this is what i have to do to get it to show up again. It will work for a couple of days then it will be gone again. This is a cycle that just won't stop.
El Gordo Tejano

axgillette

Post by axgillette »

Anyone else has any ideas on what can be causing this?

So it's been two days since i did the last hard reboot and now it's gone from my network. QFinder is not seeing it, i cannot ping it. Only way to get it to come back is to do another hard reboot.
El Gordo Tejano

axgillette

Post by axgillette »

I should list what i have i guess.

TS-231 - 2 Bay
2 HGST 4TB NAS Hard Drives

Unit just has the BASE load and a couple of APPS. 1 being qmail and they other being music station and video station. That's pretty much all.

I have it connected to port 1 on the back of the unit using a static IP.
IP: 10.0.1.198
SUB: 255.255.255.0
GATEWAY: 10.0.1.1

My Network at Home:
Apple Airport Extreme
IP: 10.0.1.1
SUB: 255.255.255.0
GATEWAY: 10.0.1.1
IP for NAS is reserved on the router
XFinity for internet provider
Everything is working well. No issues here but that does not mean anything.

Thing is i have set these up before and they have worked fine. Not sure what can be causing this to happen. I had to hard reboot it again after it only being on for about 8 hours. So any help would be greatly appreciated.
El Gordo Tejano

Birtybasset
Starting out

Post by Birtybasset »

Just to add that I have the same issue with my TS-131. It's soooo annoying especially as my NAS is in my loft so I have to go up there every time it happens and re-connect the Ethernet cable to get it back online. I've opened a support ticket so lets see what happens. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to when it happens.
kewgy
New here

Post by kewgy »

i have same problems with my 219pII hopefully snap help desk is responding , if solved please post, i will also post my findings soon.
axgillette

Post by axgillette »

So, here is what i found out. Not sure if it will help others, but i hope it does.

On these NAS units, the memory they have is so little that you cannot run very many apps on them. You have to cut back delete apps, and run the absolute very basic. One i cleaned it up and removed all extra apps i had installed. It took care of the problem and now it's online all the time and working.

Hope this helps someone.
El Gordo Tejano

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”