After logon only blue screen

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
The_Techguy
First post

Re: After logon only blue screen

Post by The_Techguy »

I have been seeing this issue no matter what browser I use. I am using Edge and may work for other browsers. After login, wait for the spinning circle to finish, then hit F12 for developer mode and you will then see the desktop. Click anywhere in it, and then hit F12 again to exit developer mode. That seems to work for me until I can update an reboot my box.
retrocruiz
First post

[Solution Variant] After logon only blue screen

Post by retrocruiz »

After no success with all proposed solution from the web. I found a working approach for me with copying from a similar maschine.

I had a TS-269L where the only solution was a complete firmware-reset.

My TS-269L had firmware 4.3.4.1432-20201006 and the directopry structure on /etc/mnt differs for the following solution.

Precautions:

Please keep in mind, that from 4.3.3 to 4.3.4 , the internal directory structure has possibly changed.

Now I had the blue screen symptom with one of my TS-212p with QTS 4.3.3-1432-20201006 (latest firmware after EOL).
All services on the maschine are fully reachable, but the login-screen stays blue on loading after providing user and password. I tried endless tests with different browsers, cache clears and 3 second resets with no success.

The login screen was set to the senseless design (especially for remote administration) with this 100 pictures. I forgot to set this to a simple and quick design...
The working TS-212p was initially set to the simple design. Both maschines are reachable via ssh. This seams to be my last change.

After tries with renaming /etc/config/.qos.... no success.... hunting around in the directory structure and a "df -h" there is a mount result from /mnt/ext with 98% usage...
This starts my interest... there a several subdirectories.. especially home Qthttp and so on...

Because nothing has helped, I startet a last try without saving from this /mnt/ext/.........

Approach:

Now, the defective maschine was called target, the healthy one as source.

- login to the target
- mv /etc/config/.qos_config /etc/config/.qos_config.old

Please complete the following commands on the target-maschine and replace the SourceIP e.g. with the correct IP of your functional source, maybe 192.168.178.

- rsync -arvzhe ssh admin@SourceIP:/mnt/ext/usr/ /mnt/ext/usr/
- rsync -arvzhe ssh admin@SourceIP:/mnt/ext/lib/ /mnt/ext/lib/
- rsync -arvzhe ssh admin@SourceIP:/mnt/ext/opt/ /mnt/ext/opt/
- rsync -arvzhe ssh admin@SourceIP:/mnt/ext/home/ /mnt/ext/home/

- /etc/init.d/thttpd.sh restart

- Please clear the cache of browser then login again

Good Luck!

p.s.
I crosschecked this with a TS-212 instead of TS-212p and it worked also. The Version 4.3.3 seams to be factor.
afokin
First post

Post by afokin »

My solution to the loading stuck on blue screen problem:
- Install QNAP Manager (QManager) on an Android smartphone connected to a LAN with QNAP
- create a new account and give it administrator rights.

With a new account, I successfully logged in to the web interface.
itognet
New here

Post by itognet »

For anyone who strugle with this strange issue.

Just disable your popup blocker :-0

You are welcome, buy me a cup of office one day.

Strangely, QNAP did not mention this in their own solution.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

topic closed due to necroposting

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”