Thunderbolt connection config in Windows

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
zeker
Getting the hang of things

Thunderbolt connection config in Windows

Post by zeker »

I'm just not having success. :ashamed:

I seem to get the TB connection successfully established, but can't get my windows 10 computer to use it. I'm thinking, at this point, that it is something in how I set up the connection in Windows rather than the QNAP. Qfinder auto sets up the TB connection within the virtual switch #1 that has my two trunked 1GbE ports together.

How do I set up the windows TCP/IPv4? I tried auto assign, a unique IP in the same network, setup with a different subnet, included gateway, left gateway blank.

I can post screen shots if helpful, but after I get home tonight. Any pointers appreciated!
. . . . . .. . . . . Pete

TVS-872XT with 4 x 8TB in RAID 5, 2 x M.2 SSD 500GB as Vol 2 for media apps.
zeker
Getting the hang of things

Re: Thunderbolt connection config in Windows

Post by zeker »

I discovered something. If I access the NAS IP address directly instead of going to “Network” in Explorer and choosing QNAP (\\192.168.x.xx\Media), the speed is triple. If I use \\QNAP\Media, I only get the ~100MB/S which is ethernet only. Still, the Resource Monitor does not show traffic on Thunderbolt, but it must be over TB as the two 1GbE ports wouldn’t generate that speed.

Is this how it is supposed to work (I hope not)? I can’t get TB speed if I use the Explorer navigation to the network or pick \\QNAP\Media in file open/save dialogs, etc.?
. . . . . .. . . . . Pete

TVS-872XT with 4 x 8TB in RAID 5, 2 x M.2 SSD 500GB as Vol 2 for media apps.

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”