Linux Desktop Network Icon NAS Login Error

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
stressed
Know my way around

Linux Desktop Network Icon NAS Login Error

Post by stressed »

I've been able to login to my QNAP TS-853A with no problems from both Ubuntu and Debian using the Network desktop icon. Once the Network desktop icon is opened, double click the NAS and enter the username and password and I'm into my share. Easy peasy. I've been doing it this way for years. Unfortunately, something has happened where I can't login this way any longer. Now when I open the Network icon and double click the NAS icon, I get the attached error message. The only thing I've done is update the firmware to version 4.3.6.1040 which is the latest version as of this post. Anyone have any ideas why I can't login to my share using this method any longer and why I might be receiving the error message? Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
P3R
Guru

Re: Linux Desktop Network Icon NAS Login Error

Post by P3R »

stressed wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:39 am The only thing I've done is update the firmware to version 4.3.6.1040 which is the latest version as of this post.
As far as I know that version was withdrawn some days ago but maybe the guy that did that missed you model? :roll:

A downgrade to 4.3.6.0993 build 20190704 will probably solve your issue I think.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!
stressed
Know my way around

Re: Linux Desktop Network Icon NAS Login Error

Post by stressed »

That did the trick. Thanks for your time and assistance!

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”