TS-209 pro II: Can't use after upgrade firmware

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
jerry1900
New here

TS-209 pro II: Can't use after upgrade firmware

Post by jerry1900 »

My NAS is TS-209 pro II. I haven't used it for a very long time. Today my friend asked me a NAS. I remembered that I had this spare NAS, so I tried to set it up. However I cannot use it after upgrade firmware to 3.3.2.0918T. QNAP Qfinder Pro 7.4.5 can show my NAS name, IP, model, version, mac addr. When I double-click the name. It will pop-up a web page displaying the error "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED". I tried to reset it, remove all HDD. but the problem cannot be solved. Therfore, I tried to downgrade to version 2.1.2.1024T and follow the System recovery mode from https://wiki.qnap.com/wiki/System_Recovery_Mode . after that the webpage showed another error message:

Server Name: NAS8C70F9 System Information

The system is not configured. Please refer to the Quick Installation Guide or user manual for software configuration.

系統尚未完成設定,請參閱「快速安裝指引」或「使用手冊」進行軟體安裝。

系统尚未完成设定,请参阅「快速安装指引」或「使用手册」进行软件安装。

システムが設定されていません。ソフトウェアの設定については、クイックインストールガイドまたは取扱説明書を参照してください

Le système n'est pas configuré. Veuillez vous référer au Guide d'installation rapide ou au mode d'emploi pour la configuration logicielle

Das System wurde nicht konfiguriert. Bitte beziehen Sie sich auf die Schnellinstallationsanleitung oder das Benutzerhandbuch für die Softwarekonfiguration

시스템이 구성되지 않았습니다. 소프트웨어 구성에 대해서는 Quick Installation Guide(빠른 설치 안내서) 또는 사용 설명서를 참조하십시오

El sistema no está configurado. Por favor, consulte la Guía de Instalación Rápida o el manual del usuario para la configuración del software

Il sistema non è configurato. Fare riferimento alla Guida d’installazione rapida oppure al Manuale d’uso per la configurazione del software

Сбой настроек сети Microsoft. Проверьте сервер DNS, доменное имя, а также имя пользователя и пароль для входа в домен

Anyone can help me fix the problem?
Thank you very much.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: TS-209 pro II: Can't use after upgrade firmware

Post by dolbyman »

format all drives a try the setup again with fresh drives

you might need a very old version of qfinder for it , as current versions do not support it
jerry1900
New here

Post by jerry1900 »

Hi Dolbyman,

I found that the QNAP Finder version is finder-3.4.4.0627. I can now follow the installation steps, but in step 7-install the system firmware. I currently only have version 2.1.2 (1024T). It will not let me use this version to bypass it. I cannot find any firmware image files to download. Do you have relevant firmware downloads?

Thank you for your help.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Found this on the russuian QNAP server

https://qnap.ru/sites/default/download/ ... -3.3.3.zip
jerry1900
New here

Post by jerry1900 »

Hi Dolbyman,

I have a good news, I successfully restored my NAS, and it works normally now.
Thanks for your help.
ArogntConqur
New here

Post by ArogntConqur »

Hey Dolbyman,
Is there any way to "patch" upgrade the TS-209 Pro II past the last supported QTS 3.3.3 and up to QTS 4.0?
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

No, the OS would miss all sorts of platform/driver support for these old units (if you could force it)
ArogntConqur
New here

Post by ArogntConqur »

....hmmm....was hoping that could help me use Qsync, but the versions I have found need QTS 4.0 - perhaps you know of an old backup software that would work with QTS 3.3.3?
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

veeam should work just fine ...NAS would be a plain SMB target

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”