Using an NAS with Orbi mesh router

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
entdgc
New here

Using an NAS with Orbi mesh router

Post by entdgc »

I have just bought an Orbi RBR350 mesh router and satellites. I am using my Plusnet router as a modem and then connecting the Orbi to that wired. All other 25 devices are connected wired or wifi to the Orbi and work as expected EXCEPT the QNAP TS251 NAS. This is connected wired to the Orbi and apparently gets a IP address in the Orbi subnet (10.0.0.27). Trouble is I cannot access the NAS from the web interface, I cannot ping it, QFinder cannot see it and the music server running on the NAS is not visible.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Using an NAS with Orbi mesh router

Post by dolbyman »

Are all clients in the same subnet ? Is there any data transfer happening between the clients (work "as expected") or are they just connecting out to the web?

Non routable subnets were also reported from systems like google wifi. They are great for meshing together, for an outgoing gateway(web connection) but not good for internal network communication
entdgc
New here

Post by entdgc »

dolbyman wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:09 am Are all clients in the same subnet ?
Yes
dolbyman wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:09 am Is there any data transfer happening between the clients (work "as expected") or are they just connecting out to the web?
Well I can play music stored on my phone via wifi to a Sonos (both on the Orbi subnet).... Most other data transfer happens to/from the NAS in my network.

Thanks
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Any whitelist running on the NAS ?
entdgc
New here

Post by entdgc »

No whitelist running but I have returned the Orbi as I have banged my head against that particular wall too long...

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”