TS-210 and 2nd drive connection

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
joffa
Starting out

TS-210 and 2nd drive connection

Post by joffa »

Hi,
After a longer periode of issues with DNS on my QNAP, I created a support ticket with QNAP.
After a lengthy TeamViewer session, the technician concluded with a faulty NIC. Weird, as all services on the LAN runs as intended.
Anyway, I decided to try my old Seagate baracuda disks and see if I could have the DNS function after a re-initializing. However, anytime I connect a hard drive(with spinning disks) in bay 1, the NAS refuses to start. Just a barely visible orange LED on bay 1 LED.
SSD disk does not replicate this issue.

I have now set up a 'new installastion' with a SSD connected in bay 1. No problems(if we ignore the fact that 250gigs is a bit on the short side in terms of storage). I turn the NAS off, and install a hard drive in bay 2, and boot:
Status-LED flashes green-red, fan spools up to max, two beeps, fan stops, and the NAS shuts down. Repeat. When I remove the hard disk, it boots normaly and I'm able to log in the to NAS within minutes.

Help. I can't fathom what has transpired since I just removed the SSD in bay 1, and HDD in bay 2 to try another disk.
I have tried to hold the reset button while booting whit HDD in bay 2
QNAP TS-210
dolbyman
Guru

Re: TS-210 and 2nd drive connection

Post by dolbyman »

As the operating system is on the disk(s).. try to format both harddrives ..start from scratch and restore the data from external backups

See if that lets your NAS run smoothly

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”