TVS-H1288X default admin no logon?

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
Tobarus
New here

TVS-H1288X default admin no logon?

Post by Tobarus »

Hi there,

I just bought the TVS-H1288X and the default "admin" and MAC address password to login to QTS/Hero for the first time does not seem to work. I don't see the MAC addresses printed anywhere on the NAS externally, and the MAC address in Qfinder does not work (shows the same MAC address regardless of the lan port used).

Any suggestions?
OneCD
Guru

Re: TVS-H1288X default admin no logon?

Post by OneCD »

Did you enter the MAC in all uppercase and with no separation characters? ;)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tobarus
New here

Post by Tobarus »

yes I did that. I tried variations too. lower case admin, upper case, lower case MAC address, all upper case etc.

Is it supposed to go to a default setup screen when brand new (as seen from QNAP UK youtube)? From Qfinder mine goes to the default login home page. Wondering if I got a used model? It did seem brand new (sealed box etc)...

I don't want to do a factory reset because of this (if it's used). But again, does not look to be.

I keep reading the MAC address is also printed externally, but do not see this anywhere...
QNAPDanielFL
Easy as a breeze

Post by QNAPDanielFL »

Did you buy it with drives as a bundle? Are you sure the NAS was not preconfigured?

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”