New NAS disappears from Network

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
P1Fanatic
Starting out

New NAS disappears from Network

Post by P1Fanatic »

So my 6yr old TS-453 Pro died recently due the Intel LPC bug. I bought a replacement TS-251D (was only using 2 bays anyway) and transferred the HDD over to it. Qfinder located it and showed migration complete and I got a login prompt after boot beeps finished. However it then disappears. I can still ping it so its alive just not visible via Qfinder or browser. I thought maybe QTS version was older than old NAS i.e was running 4.4 so used Qfinder to upgrade to 4.5. No change. I thought maybe something was conflicting as old NAS was on a different DHCP range as I changed Broadband and router recently - so reconfigured back and assigned original static IP to NAS. No change.

Randomly I booted up a dusty old Win 7 pc and that can access the NAS via browser no issues at all (admin pwd was not working so had to perform a reset but now I am in so all good).

Any idea why my Windows 10 PC is losing access to the new TS-251D? Never had any problems accessing the TS-453 from this PC and nothing has changed on it. It's just strange that it is visible straight after booting but soon disappears but is still pingable so network is ok. Both PC are connected locally to the NAS via the same Netgear switch. Tried via Chrome, Edge and Internet Explorer. Have disabled Windows Firewall in case that was causing an issue but again no change.

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”