TS231 Port trunking setup

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
jinu_j
Getting the hang of things

TS231 Port trunking setup

Post by jinu_j »

Hi Folks
I have a TS-231. The current firmware version is 4.3.6.1711

I have setup port trunking with IEEE 802.3ad and Layer2+3(MAC+IP) hash policy. This was setup successfully.

This is connected to a Mikrotik CRS328 switch where i have configured two physical ports in bonding with IEEE 802.3ad and Layer2+3(MAC+IP) hash policy.

Both the setups were successful and gave no errors. Accessing the NAS over the network works fine.

So i decided to test the speed and what i noticed is that speed does not go above 900Mbps. To conduct the test i ran iperf3 in server mode on 2 other machines and from QNAP ran 2 instance of iperf3 in client mode and connected to the servers.

What i noticed is that the each iperf3 client speed ranges between 150 and 800Mbps. The total just wont cross 1Gpbs even though i am running two clients to two different servers? My expectation was that each iperf3 client will not cross 1Gbps but the two combined together should reach atleast 1.5 to 1.7 Gbps.

Any ideas suggestions on how to improve the thruput so that i get the full advantage of Port Trunking?
jinu_j
Getting the hang of things

Re: TS231 Port trunking setup

Post by jinu_j »

HI folks any ideas on this problem ?

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”