Video Station transcoding shows warning despite CAYIN MediaSign Player free license is installed

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
HHHHH
Getting the hang of things

Video Station transcoding shows warning despite CAYIN MediaSign Player free license is installed

Post by HHHHH »

Despite installed CAYIN MediaSign Player software and activated free license I still get the following error:
qvs-warning.JPG
I've tried the following without success:
- re-install video station
- re-install cayin media player

How can I configure video station to recognize the installed player using the free license?

Thanks in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
johnno
New here

Re: Video Station transcoding shows warning despite CAYIN MediaSign Player free license is installed

Post by johnno »

The 'Transcoding' screen is literally just a screen telling you that 'CAYIN MediaSign Player' must be installed and not a screen which checks whether 'CAYIN MediaSign Player' is installed or not.

Transcoding will be something that happens automatically or not when you send/receive video in certain ways. For example if I use video station to stream out a video in DivX MP4 to a Chromecast I'll see a background task on the NAS of "On-the-fly transcoding TITLE processing" so I know that transcoding is actually working.

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”