System Booting

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
Thandarian
New here

System Booting

Post by Thandarian »

I have a TS-639 pro that I've been running for a few months but now I'm running into an issue where the LCD displays system booting and then the progress bar ">>>>>>" It can sit like that for ever so I assume it's not going anywhere. I hooked up a monitor to the device and it seems to post but stops before booting to the flash module with no error. The last few lines are:

Compressed image found at block 0
EXT-fs warning: checktime reached, running ez fsck is recommended
VFS: mounted root (EXT2 filesystem)
Freeing unused kernel memory: 268K free
_

^that cursor keeps flashing and it won't accept any keyboard input. I can get into the bios and I reset it to optimized defaults just for kicks. It does the same thing even if the drives are all removed.

Thanks in advance
sl1000
Experience counts

Re: System Booting

Post by sl1000 »

could be a hardware issue, could also be that somehow your dom is corrupted (the internal flashimage the system boots from)

Please try to use the USB boot to recover your nas.
ftp://csdread:csdread@ftp.qnap.com/NAS/usbboot

if it still does not work, contact QNAP Tech. Support via skype or MSN. (take local asian timezone into account)
Try searching the perfect online manual, forum or the Wiki for answers before posting
### Retired developer ###
Thandarian
New here

Post by Thandarian »

I noticed on the userguide of the USB boot documentation that it did not mention the TS-639 being an available model for the USB boot. I've currently sent in an email request and am probably just going to wait for that to pan out unless someone has come across something similar or has used the usb boot with the TS-639.
sl1000
Experience counts

Post by sl1000 »

Thandarian wrote:I noticed on the userguide of the USB boot documentation that it did not mention the TS-639 being an available model for the USB boot. I've currently sent in an email request and am probably just going to wait for that to pan out unless someone has come across something similar or has used the usb boot with the TS-639.
the image you need to copy is listed under: ftp://ftp.qnap.com/NAS/usbboot/Full_image/
so you can use the guide without any issue's. the guide is written in the time the 639 did not exist yet. doens't matter, the procedure is exactly the same.
Try searching the perfect online manual, forum or the Wiki for answers before posting
### Retired developer ###

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”