DDNS and No-IP

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
jfaletra
First post

Re: DDNS and No-IP

Post by jfaletra »

pwilson wrote:
RobbieBott wrote:Not if you change system admin port to another port. Because if I would not have changed it everytime someone would hit my domain they would be brought to my NAS admin page and not the website hosted on the NAS.
So yes you are correct that would be a dumb move if not for the fact that I have already changed ports around on the NAS admin and apps.
Yeah. You can do whatever you want, but changing all your ports, and then asking for Community assistance is a rather pointless exercise, as our answers will be based on standard ports. Sorry, but I can't help you. Good luck resolving your issues.
Patrick, you are a very smart fellow but your responses to this gent are a bit rude. Just because he is the "firts" doesn't mean it doesn't happen. In fact, I am having the same issue with a different ISP and QNAP (dual internet connections and networks)

And changing ports isn't "dumb" at all if your ISP blocks ports. Instead of belittling why don't you try to understand what he changed and provide worthwhile advice? If you don't want to answer fine. Rather no answer than rudeness.
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

@jfaletra - please note - Patrick Wilson died late in 2015. His contributions are missed. :(

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bob Zelin
Experience counts

Post by Bob Zelin »

I am saddened to hear that Patrick Wilson has died. Many people complain that professional FREE response are "not good" because of
rude replies - (I am accused of that as well) - but you are getting FREE professional response that is very accurate, and Patrick Wilson always
had accurate replies. Would people rather get "polite replies" that are not accurate - or none at all. Most companies will not offer free
support to difficult issues, and Patrick Wilson was always generous about giving accurate FREE support. Those that do not value this service are
very foolish, in my opinion.

Thanks for letting us know.
Bob Zelin
Bob Zelin / Rescue 1, Inc.
http://www.bobzelin.com

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”