Brand New TVS-x82T!

Interested in our products? Post your questions here. Let us answer before you buy.
lunkens
Starting out
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:19 pm

Re: Brand New TVS-x82T!

Postby lunkens » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:46 pm

Crypto-Do you run latest 4.3x QOS? Maybe someone running older 4.2x can verify if the same bug exists? RPM speed reported incorrectly in Systeminfo.

I'm on 4.3.3 but I can't recall this bug when I was on 4.2x


Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

cryptochrome
Easy as a breeze
Posts: 493
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:26 pm

Re: Brand New TVS-x82T!

Postby cryptochrome » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:52 pm

Yes, I am running 4.3.3 (latest release) and I am pretty sure I never had any issues with fans in 4.2

lazyasian
New here
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:41 am

Re: Brand New TVS-x82T!

Postby lazyasian » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:36 pm

Now that the official 4.3.3 firmware is out, can anyone with a 7th gen Kaby Lake CPU test it with the x82?

User avatar
whoisnader
Know my way around
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:18 pm

Re: Brand New TVS-x82T!

Postby whoisnader » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:39 am

kkeyser wrote:Hey there, I just wanted to update what I did with my tvs-882 - I had the i3 and replaced it with the i7-6700. I know most here, if not all, have used the i7-6700k and then added cooling and other mods because of the added heat with the i7-6700k. To me, that was intimidating with all the modifcations.

I added nothing, no watercooling, no fans, just popped the i3 out, and replaced it with the i7-6700. I then put back the heatsink and that was it. I haven't even put new thermal paste (waiting on that at the moment), and idling temps right now are 30C/86F, which I think was the exact same temps with the i3.


What temps were you getting under load? E.g. Transcoding x265.

kkeyser
Starting out
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:49 pm

Re: Brand New TVS-x82T!

Postby kkeyser » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:19 am

whoisnader wrote:
What temps were you getting under load? E.g. Transcoding x265.


Ok, just tried this - ran through plex, setting was 'hurt my cpu' on the server transcoding section (not sure what the best setting on that would be) and ran an x265/hevc file that ran for ~42 minutes. At zero load, temps were 32/89 right before playing file, and cpu usage was at zero. Upon playing file, cpu usage immediately shot up to 88% and then stayed in the 80-88% range for about 5 minutes. The temps started to rise, and stayed at about 60C/140F -63C/145F for the majority of the transcoding until the last few seconds, temp went to 64/147. At this point, cpu usage went way down and stayed in the 3-6% range for the remainder of the time the file played. Temps at that point fluctuated from 36/96 to 40/104 until play stopped.

I hope that helps, this was the first time I actually paid attention to that stuff. I don't even know what the temps were when I was doing this with the stock i3. If you have any suggestions on plex settings or anything else, let me know.

CiASpook
Know my way around
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:07 am

Re: Brand New TVS-x82T!

Postby CiASpook » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:26 am

For those who asked: Once I get the TVS-1282T3 I will let you know and make a separat thread if noone else has. I went for the top config TVS-1282T3-i7-64G and ordered it from a distributor here in .no . They said it would take 2-3 weeks before they where in storage. Time will tell.
QNAP TVS-1282T3-i7-64G with 8x WD Red 8TB, 4x Samsung 850EVO 2TB, 2x Samsung 850EVO 500GB M.2, custom with Corsair H5 SF watercooling, Corsair SF450W PSU and Noctua NF-8A PWM 80mm fans

User avatar
jds580s
Know my way around
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:52 am

Re: Brand New TVS-x82T!

Postby jds580s » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:49 am

CiASpook wrote:For those who asked: Once I get the TVS-1282T3 I will let you know and make a separat thread if noone else has. I went for the top config TVS-1282T3-i7-64G and ordered it from a distributor here in .no . They said it would take 2-3 weeks before they where in storage. Time will tell.

Out of curiosity, would you mind sharing your motivation in purchasing the T3? It looks like you are coming from the top end Thunderbolt 2 variant.
The only things I know of that changed (and I suspect there are pleanty more that I am unaware of) were:
i7 7700 instead of 6700
Thunderbolt 3 instead of 2

The 7th gen i7's didn't seem like a substantial change from the 6th gen.
Had you maxed out the bandwidth of Thunderbolt 2 and needed the 40Gb/s of T3?

Nothing at all against going for the latest. It just didn't seem like a big change it my mind.

Thanks!

Model: TVS-1282
Firmware: QTS 4.3.3


Model: TS-459 Pro
Firmware: QTS 4.1.2
OS: Win10 Pro English
RAID 6: 2x HGST HDN724030ALE640 3TB, x2 Seagate ST3000VN000 3TB
External: USB Drive 3TB, eSATA Drive 2TB
Services: File Station, Backup Station (Rsync, External Drive), Surveillance Station 2, FTP
QPKG: CrashPlan, Plex Media Server, JRE, Optware IPKG
Network: 1 Gbps, MTU 1500

User avatar
whoisnader
Know my way around
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:18 pm

Re: Brand New TVS-x82T!

Postby whoisnader » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:54 am

jds580s wrote:
CiASpook wrote:For those who asked: Once I get the TVS-1282T3 I will let you know and make a separat thread if noone else has. I went for the top config TVS-1282T3-i7-64G and ordered it from a distributor here in .no . They said it would take 2-3 weeks before they where in storage. Time will tell.

Out of curiosity, would you mind sharing your motivation in purchasing the T3? It looks like you are coming from the top end Thunderbolt 2 variant.
The only things I know of that changed (and I suspect there are pleanty more that I am unaware of) were:
i7 7700 instead of 6700
Thunderbolt 3 instead of 2

The 7th gen i7's didn't seem like a substantial change from the 6th gen.
Had you maxed out the bandwidth of Thunderbolt 2 and needed the 40Gb/s of T3?

Nothing at all against going for the latest. It just didn't seem like a big change it my mind.

Thanks!


There is one big difference with the 7th gen that would be an advantage if you are connecting a TV to the QNAP, native support for x265 10bit. Currently (as I understand so far), the NAS's with 6th gen cpu's cannot be upgraded to 7th gen due to bios incompatibility.

sonnsterr
Getting the hang of things
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:12 am

Re: Brand New TVS-x82T!

Postby sonnsterr » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:21 am

whoisnader wrote:
jds580s wrote:
CiASpook wrote:For those who asked: Once I get the TVS-1282T3 I will let you know and make a separat thread if noone else has. I went for the top config TVS-1282T3-i7-64G and ordered it from a distributor here in .no . They said it would take 2-3 weeks before they where in storage. Time will tell.

Out of curiosity, would you mind sharing your motivation in purchasing the T3? It looks like you are coming from the top end Thunderbolt 2 variant.
The only things I know of that changed (and I suspect there are pleanty more that I am unaware of) were:
i7 7700 instead of 6700
Thunderbolt 3 instead of 2

The 7th gen i7's didn't seem like a substantial change from the 6th gen.
Had you maxed out the bandwidth of Thunderbolt 2 and needed the 40Gb/s of T3?

Nothing at all against going for the latest. It just didn't seem like a big change it my mind.

Thanks!


There is one big difference with the 7th gen that would be an advantage if you are connecting a TV to the QNAP, native support for x265 10bit. Currently (as I understand so far), the NAS's with 6th gen cpu's cannot be upgraded to 7th gen due to bios incompatibility.



From what someone tested here awhile back the Bios is the problem, the socket is the same but the Bios would need to be updated to accept the 7th gen. Will QNAP make it possible to use a 7th gen in the non T3? Sure would be nice...

Intel says it built the media block of Kaby Lake for where we’re going with video, not where we’re at. Kaby Lake machines, for example, can stream up to eight 4K-resolution AVC and HEVC videos simultaneously. That means a single tiny NUC-style PC could power a massive video wall of 4K TVs. Intel officials say the engine can actually decode 4K-resolution video at 60fps with a bit-rate up to 120Mbps. Kaby Lake also includes support for Microsoft’s PlayReady 3.0 and HDCP 2.2 DRM, so, in theory, if Netflix and Amazon decide to stream 4K to a PC, the pieces are now all in place for that to happen.

Please QNAP make this possible for the T2 :)
QNAP TVS‑1282T‑i7K‑64G with Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Cooler..TX-500P Expansion unit for Backups ..450W Power Supply

AlmightyDF
Starting out
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:58 am

Re: Brand New TVS-x82T!

Postby AlmightyDF » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:14 pm

QTS 4.3.3 was released and it mentions SMB 4.4, but the highest SMB version i can set is 3.0? Am i missing something here?

tombulum
Know my way around
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:26 am
Location: Australia

Re: Brand New TVS-x82T!

Postby tombulum » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:28 pm

AlmightyDF wrote:QTS 4.3.3 was released and it mentions SMB 4.4, but the highest SMB version i can set is 3.0? Am i missing something here?


Samba is v4.4 which supports SMB v3.0.
Primary: QNAP TS-EC879U-RP w/ 8 * Hitachi Ultrastar 10TB in RAID 6
FW 4.3.3 / 32 GB ECC RAM / Intel X520-T2 10 Gig network
Backup: QNAP TVS-863 w/ 8 * Hitachi Deskstar 6TB in RAID 6
FW 4.3.4 BETA / 8 GB RAM / LAN-10G2T-X550

lunkens
Starting out
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:19 pm

Re: Brand New TVS-x82T!

Postby lunkens » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:34 pm

New QTS 4.3.3 fixed the incorrectly reported fan speeds in system info. Now each individual pin header is monitored and reported back.


Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

CiASpook
Know my way around
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:07 am

Re: Brand New TVS-x82T!

Postby CiASpook » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:19 pm

The main reason for going for the T3 is media transcode offloading with kaby lake and the other is just because I can. This is not just for personal use. That's why I can play with new hardware. If I had to buy the stuff personally I would not even have the TVS-1282.
QNAP TVS-1282T3-i7-64G with 8x WD Red 8TB, 4x Samsung 850EVO 2TB, 2x Samsung 850EVO 500GB M.2, custom with Corsair H5 SF watercooling, Corsair SF450W PSU and Noctua NF-8A PWM 80mm fans

User avatar
rafale
Starting out
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 1:53 pm

Re: Brand New TVS-x82T!

Postby rafale » Mon May 01, 2017 12:04 am

This is one big long thread... Very interested also to see if the newest firmware update which should include a BIOS for the x82T3 would apply to the x82 and enable Kaby Lake CPUs.
I just ordered a 1282 myself and hope not to have to make too many mods. I can't find the evercool adapter anymore by the way... Anyone can point out where to get one?
TVS 871, i7 4785T, intel X520DA dual 10GBe Card, 16GB, 8 x 3TB WD Red in RAID 6.
TVS 1282, i7 6700K, Emulex OCE11102 dual 10GBe Card, 64GB, Noctua NH-L12 w/GT-15. 2x 850 EVO 500GB M.2. 4x WD Red 8TB, 4x WD Purple 4TB

kherr4377
Been there, done that
Posts: 855
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:33 am

Re: Brand New TVS-x82T!

Postby kherr4377 » Mon May 01, 2017 2:16 am

Why would they ... they want to SELL you a model that hat hat the KL .... that is what they are in business for .... not to give free upgrades that keep you from buying the 'Latest and Greatest' model .....
Production :
TVS-673 4.3.3 0210
4 X 3TB WD RED : 1 X 4TB HGST DESKSTAR R5
32GB
LAN-10G1SR-D, FiberHal for Cisco SFP-10G-SR
NETGEAR ProSAFE SS3300-28X

Backup :
TS-469L 4.3.3 0210
4 X 3TB WD RED R5
3GB
Located detached garage .. cheap offsite solution ...

2nd TS-469L awaiting drives and reassignment for front-line duty .......


Return to “Presales”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests