HS-453-DX-4G spareparts

Interested in our products? Post your questions here. Let us answer before you buy.
qnabber
Starting out

HS-453-DX-4G spareparts

Post by qnabber »

Hi, I have a rather strange problem. I recently bought the above mentioned NAS, but when I opened up the package, I noticed that the two SSD/HDD trays where missing. No pull-handle and no cradle for mounting the disks. I contacted the retailer - but they claim that they cant get their hands on that sparepart. They gave me this sparepartnumber; TRAY-35-NK-WHT01.

Can that be true that QNAP dont have such spareparts?

Please advice
Regards/ Torbjörn, Sweden
dolbyman
Guru

Re: HS-453-DX-4G spareparts

Post by dolbyman »

The least thing the retailer should do is to do the purchase of spare parts themselves .. why would you have to purchase essential parts for a new device ?

Return the device for a full refund and buy it somewhere else

=============
Google search for the part number reveals sellers (3rd party and qnap)

e.g.
https://store.qnap.com/tray-35-nk-wht01.html
qnabber
Starting out

Post by qnabber »

Thanks for your answer! Yes - Its the first time I bought something and a essential sparepart is missing - and retailer just give up, not trying to solve the problem. However I checked the link provided ans QNAP/ USA seems be out of stock. Thats strange too, isnt it?

Availability: Out of stock
SKU TRAY-35-NK-WHT01

Regards/ Torbjörn
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

It might be a very limited availability spare part (maybe someone bought the device previously and "liberated the trays from the package and returned it for refund)

If you want you can contact QNAP support .. but I wouldn't bother (as mentioned) unless you can negotiate a rebate with your retailer, accounting for the price and work involved
qnabber
Starting out

Post by qnabber »

Hi, thanks for the answer! More strange it is that it seems that QNAP manufactured more chassis than trays :(
Btw is the HS serie out from market? Passiv-cooling might not be the way for QNAP?
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

No idea ... I recently bought a TBS-453DX and it took a month to arrive (reseller had to special order it)
QNAPDanielFL
Easy as a breeze

Post by QNAPDanielFL »

I can only speak for the USA. But if a NAS comes with a part or parts missing, we ask for a shipping address and ship the missing parts directly to the customer. You should not have to buy parts that should have come with your NAS.

You can make a sales inquiry and say what parts were missing and ask if we can ship the missing parts to you. If they are out of stock we should at least be able to get them to you when they get back in stock.
qnabber
Starting out

Post by qnabber »

Thanks, for your replies and help!

Tomorrow I will return the NAs, and the retailer will try to solve the problem. They claimed that they where in contact with QNAP, but QNAP said there was no guarantee left, because the item was more than 2 years old. (I bought this one in late august - 2021). I claim that this part(s) is essential and the nas will not work without it, and this nas was delivered without any trays from the beginning. So there must be two trays in the world somewhere, even QNAP must hopefully show some goodwill and try to solve this problem.

Regards/ Torbjörn
QNAPDanielFL
Easy as a breeze

Post by QNAPDanielFL »

What region are you in? If you purchased the NAS in 2021 then QNAP should be able to take care of this whether or not the NAS was made more than 2 years ago.
qnabber
Starting out

Post by qnabber »

Hi, I live in Sweden/ EU!
QNAPDanielFL
Easy as a breeze

Post by QNAPDanielFL »

If you have proof that you purchased the NAS in 2021, I would suggest contacting QNAP sales in your region and showing that to them.

Edit:
I have verified that in the UK it is also true that the warranty starts from the day the NAS is purchased. Not the day it was made. If you purchased the NAS new in 2021, then it is still under warranty. But you may be asked to verify the date of purchase.
qnabber
Starting out

Post by qnabber »

Hi, thanks for your effort!
I started a ticket on qnap support. I provided photos of missing parts (a empty space where the trays fits to NAS), and photos on my receipt. The answer I got from Qnap was I could turn to a specific QNAP authorized distributor in Sweden. I did so but their answer was that they could not help me out (there was no trays in stock). They could try to order the trays. But that I had already gone through with NetOnNet the retailer.

So today, I gave it up. I returned the nas to the retailer! I did my best for getting my hands of two trays. But as it seems there are none as spareparts on the entire globe :(
Why did put in so much effort myself? Well I believed in this product, it fitted in on my userneeds. It was silent, HDMI even with 4k support, two bay storage. Good looking item.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Don't bank on HDMI ports on a NAS..they are horrible players

a (regular) NAS and a player (e.g. NVIDIA shield, will do lightyears better)
qnabber
Starting out

Post by qnabber »

dolbyman wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:49 am Don't bank on HDMI ports on a NAS..they are horrible players

a (regular) NAS and a player (e.g. NVIDIA shield, will do lightyears better)
Hi, long time no see! Well In the end I got the HS for a nice price, some 500 Euros. But you are totally spot on in your arguments. Its a good looking NAS, nothing more. The multimedia software are totally useless! Why spend so much of devtime and only produce buggy software? However I will keep it just as a NAS. LOL - I used some month for config :) What a messy product, far from marketing promises!

Return to “Presales”