Replacement for TS-219P

Interested in our products? Post your questions here. Let us answer before you buy.
epic
New here

Replacement for TS-219P

Post by epic »

Hi,
My TS-219P looks to have finally died so I'm looking for a similar replacement. On the website I see TS-231K, TS-231P3-4G and TS-251+-2G. Which of these comes closest to what I had?
I don't really need anything more than shared NAS folders for Photos and Music and Twonky or similar music streaming.
Also, what are the chances of reusing my existing disks (2xWD HDDs configured as JBOD) in the new NAS and it recognising the exisiting volumes/folders? Or would I be better off with new disks and restoring from backups?
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Replacement for TS-219P

Post by dolbyman »

See the migration guide for compatibility, but you dont really want to migrate to a legacy volume (a start from scratch is much better)

In terms of model, any NAS will do for you (be aware that twonky will cost you money now)
dosborne
Experience counts

Post by dosborne »

epic wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:36 pm Or would I be better off with new disks and restoring from backups?
If you have the money, it may be time, depending on the age, size and compatibility, to consider upgrading to new larger disks at the same time. This would also give you the option to continue using your old disks as backups (usb dock, etc) in case you do not currently have a backup plan.

In most cases, if you get a new NAS, it is usually better to "start fresh" whether wiping the old drives or using new ones, and letting the new NAS create and manage the storage from a clean perspective.

None of that is mandatory though, you could always pick a NAS on a migration path and continue using your old disks.
QNAP TS-563-16G 5x10TB Seagate Ironwolf HDD Raid-5 NIC: 2x1GB 1x10GbE
QNAP TS-231P-US 2x18TB Seagate Exos HDD Raid-1
[Deadbolt and General Ransomware Detection, Prevention, Recovery & MORE]
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

epic wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:36 pm My TS-219P looks to have finally died so I'm looking for a similar replacement. On the website I see TS-231K, TS-231P3-4G and TS-251+-2G. Which of these comes closest to what I had?
I suggest the TS-233. It's the most-recent iteration in the ARM line.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Presales”