TS-h973AX Suitability

Interested in our products? Post your questions here. Let us answer before you buy.
hornetts
New here

TS-h973AX Suitability

Post by hornetts »

I represent an artistic performance organization in Canada that, as a result of Covid, has been doing both live performances and video. The current estimate is that we will create about 10GB of video per year, and require a centralized facility for secure storage and access.

I am very familiar with NAS devices and have a 4-bay RAID-enabled facility in our home.

I'm looking at TS-h973AX. I like it because of the price point, and the flexibility of storage types. I am beginning to review the user manual for the device. My question at this point is, what is the ability to segregate either drive letters or folders by storage type? Example - could the 3.5 inch bays be collectively one drive letter and the NVMe or the 2.5 inch bays a separate drive letter? Would this require the configuration of LUNs or is there a simpler approach?

Thanks!
dolbyman
Guru

Re: TS-h973AX Suitability

Post by dolbyman »

Sure...SSD and HDD can build sepperate storage pools..no problemo

Make sure that you never ever ever expose these NAS to WAN though ... the 'centralized storage' makes the alarms bells ring here

Return to “Presales”