License for surveillance station more affordable

Interested in our products? Post your questions here. Let us answer before you buy.
claudioita
Getting the hang of things

License for surveillance station more affordable

Post by claudioita »

I need 8 cameras, having 2 free license from QNAP, I need to buy additional 6 licenses, around 300 US$ in license fees.

For that price I will not buy the licenses (I own already a NAS) and instead I will buy a dedicated NVR (actuyally it cost me 200 with HDD included).

I do not understand license policies from Qnap
lascale
First post

Re: License for surveillance station more affordable

Post by lascale »

Hi,

I agree, that is far to expensive, especially given the fact that you already bought a Qnap product.

I have the same problem and I will never pay 300 box, reason why my next nas will not be QNAP...

Anybosy knows workaround ? Cheper programs in the form of manually installable app (like ispy for windows ?)

Sorry

Alex
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

@claudioita and with a x19 NAS 8 cameras will not work anyways .. so good choice

@lascale no idea what NAS model you have... you have a NAS with VM capability ?
dawnwatcher
New here

Post by dawnwatcher »

I totally agree. I already have an 8 camera cctv system with NVR. Wanted to expand & experiment with IP cameras but when you consider the license costs (which cannot be transferred if your buy another QNAP NAS) it is way too expensive. Get real QNAP - some money is better than zero!
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

* topic locked to prevent further necroposting *

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Presales”