Dolby + Kodi

Interested in our products? Post your questions here. Let us answer before you buy.
super_duper
New here

Dolby + Kodi

Post by super_duper »

Do you anticipate that the Dolby licensing issue will be resolved, and that official mkv/Kodi/DTS/AC3 support will resume at some point in the future?
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Dolby + Kodi

Post by dolbyman »

doubt it ... just use the community version and be done with it
super_duper
New here

Post by super_duper »

Thanks for the reply. I have looked on the forums, and have seen that there is/was a version of Kodi made by a seemingly well respected user here though support for that version has (it seems) been discontinued in favor of a version from a French site. I'm not excited about having to rely on community projects that might appear and disappear in order to have basic multimedia capability. It worries me greatly that it isn't supported by default...in particular on something that will primarily be used for video streaming.

edit: I'm a rookie at this and don't relish the idea of scouring the internet and sifting through broken links to old versions that might or might not be compatible with my machine or current firmware. Am I imagining this as more of a problem than it is?
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Well I... don't even have that problem, because my QNAP does not even have any video/audio outputs

Either use the community KODI or ditch local playback,I use DLNA playback directly from my TV's or KODI from little playback boxes (android and WIN10) works just fine with no worries at all.

Return to “Presales”