How much CPU do I need?

Interested in our products? Post your questions here. Let us answer before you buy.
Don
Guru

Re: How much CPU do I need?

Post by Don »

You will not get good network performance with wi-if.
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

not that many routers do wireless wan (for secondary nat)

if you can..connect the secondary router to the first via cable)
gggplaya
Been there, done that

Post by gggplaya »

Yes, buy a second router and bridge it to the main router for internet access. Connect the NAS to your bridge router via ethernet and connect your Kodi box to the wifi of your bridge router(ethernet always preferred). Problem solved, you won't have any issues with bottlenecks. Your NAS can still reach out to the internet for downloads, and your KODI will have full speed access to your NAS.

If you're only using the NAS for a file server for yourself and the Kodi box, then all you really need is the TS-431p which is about $200 cheaper, which you can use to buy hard drives. I had my sister buy the TS228, and it works great for her. She only uses it for movies. Ram is the only limiting factor as with 1gb ram, you won't be able to run much apps, however DLNA,SMB,FTP all work fine. The ram in the TS-431p might be upgradeable with laptop memory, though i'm not sure of that.

Return to “Presales”