qnap is cooking other competetors

Interested in our products? Post your questions here. Let us answer before you buy.
LadyGun
New here

qnap is cooking other competetors

Post by LadyGun »

i am right here now:
https://www.qnap.com/qts/4.3.4/nl-nl

i believe qnap is cooking other competetors by:
1- promoting snaphots as the best option in qnap QTS 4.3.4
2- by cooking other competetors by caling them: brand S and N, and brand W en B.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: qnap is cooking other competetors

Post by dolbyman »

I don't see the point
Woodentop
Starting out

Post by Woodentop »

They really are lighting the competition up... :roll:

If only they had the aftersales to support their products.
Johnno72
Easy as a breeze

Post by Johnno72 »

Woodentop wrote:They really are lighting the competition up... :roll:

If only they had the aftersales to support their products.
Of the times that I have had to contact QNAP Support including getting a replacement redundant PSU I have always had a reply within 24 hours and have always had the question/issue sorted 100% satisfactorially.

If your ticket has not been answered take in consideration the time zone differences and day as I assume any support ticket lodged during their weekend would not be answered until their Monday which could be up-to three days your time and day.

Have you provided enough information so support can investigate the issue without dozens of back and forwards emailing? I prefer to anticipate the dumb questions and try to provide as much if not all or more information than has been asked in the first instance of contact.

As for after sales support itself the company you purchased the QNAP from is responsible for this, not QNAP directly. The retailer I purchased from is disgusting and have done nothing but let QNAP down and give QNAP a very bad reputation, this is not QNAP's fault, it is the distributor's and retailer's fault. I went over the retailer's head after getting no response from them, going directly to QNAP and the distributor (in this case Dicker Data) to get the issue resolved, it even took me passing on the complaint I filed with the ACCC, I even made enquiries with my bank about doing a Full Charge Back for entire order and returning the entire order and they agreed to it and started the paperwork on their end in case it came to this.

In the end I got a two year old used PSU which I am not at all happy with as the PSU should have been new and unused. I just think I was lucky to get the replacement PSU so I accepted it, notified QNAP, Dicker Data (the distributor), the retailer and the ACCC of the outcome so it is all documented with everyone that has been involved so it will in the end come back on the retailer for failing to honour the Australian Warranty Regulations, I win mongrels.

To this day I don't know what QNAP has done about this retailer or distributor.

It is up to us, the consumer of these products to know our rights and responsibilities regarding warranties and support or the lack of.
Retailers will do everything in their power to pass the buck and blame without failure on others, do not stand for this disgusting behaviour, do your research first, get yourself armed with the laws, warranties information and stay calm and be polite at all times. You will win your argument.
NAS: QNAP TS-EC2480U-RP 16G 24 Bay - Firmware: v4.4.3.1421 build 20200907. Updated from v4.4.3.1400 Build 20200817 Official
StoragePool / DataVol: Storage Pool 1 / DataVol1: Single 29.04TB - Thick Volume: 29TB
HDD's: Western Digital - Model: WDC WD4001FFSX-68JUN0 Red Pro NAS 3.5"
HDD Size: 4TB - HDD Firmware all HDD's: 81.00A81
RAID Configuration: RAID6 x 10, HotSpare x 1, ColdSpare x 1 - Network: 1GbE
UPS: CyberPower PR3000ELCDRT2U Professional Rackmount LCD 3000VA, 2250W 2U Line Interactive UPS
QNAP Hardware details required: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=68954
Remote Administration of: TVS-863+ 16G on UPS Cyberpower OLS1500E+RMcard205

Return to “Presales”