REXP-1000 replacement?

Interested in our products? Post your questions here. Let us answer before you buy.
dhugallindsay
New here

REXP-1000 replacement?

Post by dhugallindsay »

I have a TVS-871-i3-4G (X520-SR2, QN-SAS6G2ED) with three REXP-1000 Pro Expansion Enclosures attached to it. I wanted to buy the final REXP-1000 to max out the system but the REXP-1000 is no longer being sold. What can I put my ten 10TB hard drives into and attach it to the existing system? What is the make/model of the successor to the REXP-1000?

Sincerely,

Dhugal
Don
Guru

Re: REXP-1000 replacement?

Post by Don »

That model is still listed on the product page so it must be available. In fact I found it on Amazon and NewEgg.
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +
troubleshooter
Starting out

Post by troubleshooter »

dhugallindsay wrote:I have a TVS-871-i3-4G (X520-SR2, QN-SAS6G2ED) with three REXP-1000 Pro Expansion Enclosures attached to it. I wanted to buy the final REXP-1000 to max out the system but the REXP-1000 is no longer being sold. What can I put my ten 10TB hard drives into and attach it to the existing system? What is the make/model of the successor to the REXP-1000?

Sincerely,

Dhugal
I have seen it on a bunch of sites as well.. It’s still readily available..
dhugallindsay
New here

Post by dhugallindsay »

It was listed on Amazon so I put in an order and they came back to me saying they were sorry but couldn't get it in. Have tried several different places and they all have it listed until I try to order it and then they say they can't get it and unlist it...

I am in Japan so maybe it is still available in U.S. but not here?
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Your QNAP system integrator, reseller, or distributor can still order it on the channel. All the REXP-1000 Pro, REXP-1220U and REXP-1620U are still available from QNAP.

Regards,
-Kurt
dhugallindsay
New here

Post by dhugallindsay »

Is the REXP-1000 Pro the only model that will work with my system? I have to set it all up myself and I am a marine biologist, not an infotech expert..

I have already made the order to a company that thought they could get it off Amazon so I guess they have to find a proper distributor and buy it off them so they can sell it to me? And they would need to get one shipped over from the States?

Thanks,

Dhugal
Don
Guru

Post by Don »

Check the QNAP web site to see which enclosures are compatible with your NAS.
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

you install it yourself..but then have a company buy it for you off amazin ... why the middle man ?
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

dhugallindsay wrote:Is the REXP-1000 Pro the only model that will work with my system?
To my knowledge, yes the REXP-1000 Pro is your only choice.
dhugallindsay wrote:I have to set it all up myself and I am a marine biologist, not an infotech expert..
Cool, good work. Adding one more isn't difficult either.
dhugallindsay wrote:I have already made the order to a company that thought they could get it off Amazon so I guess they have to find a proper distributor and buy it off them so they can sell it to me? And they would need to get one shipped over from the States?
Look here ... all the Japan eShops https://www.qnap.com/en/service_map/lis ... 4&s_type=4 or distributors -> https://www.qnap.com/en/service_map/lis ... 4&s_type=1 for QNAP products. They all should be able to order an REXP-1000 Pro from QNAP Taiwan.
dhugallindsay
New here

Post by dhugallindsay »

Thanks for the info everyone. Good to know this is my only choice. My employer won't pay till we take delivery and the shops won't send until they have the money so we need to use a middle man. Quasi-government so many rules... Have been trying one shop at a time on those lists but really hard to see if they have any in stock. There is no error even if I input that I want an order of 10,000 units for example and it is only at the very last page that I find out none are in stock... Very cumbersome but now that I know the REXP-1000 Pro is my only choice then I will wade through it all. Found a store in the UK that looks like it will ship to Japan..

Cheers,

Dhugal
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

These REXP-100 Pro are not units sold in large volumes. I'm convinced Japan distributors or resellers are able to take orders from scientific research organisations, get a REXP-1000 Pro from the Taiwan factory stock, and ship on invoice or pay on delivery terms.

No need to ship such units around the earth twice, or a middle men.

Return to “Presales”